1. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

Anika

Anika steps forward and bows deeply to the Iron Lord. "Your Lordship, I believe I may have the proof you require. While in Hlondeth, I and my two companions were hired by an elegant, mysterious masked woman. I can only assume she was Rashemi, as she had the same manner and accent of speech as Your Lordship's people. We were to retrieve the evil artifact known as the Kris of Sethra from a Thayan envoy also in Hlondeth. This Kris When we had acquired the artifact, we were to travel to Telflamm and wait until we were contacted there. We successfully gained the Kris and guarded it until we reached Telflamm. Along the way, chance brought Sheyra, one of the two last surviving heirs of Sarloc, ancient enemy of Sethra, to me and my companions. She was a refugee from the war in Mulhorand, and had managed to escape those who would abduct her and hold her for ransom. Although she and I eventually parted ways, we met again in Telflamm, after an arduous journey through the Underdark, where we were forced to travel by that same war between Mulhorand and Unther. In Telflamm, in Sheyra's home, we were contacted by a masked woman, but not the same one as before unless I miss my guess. When she removed her mask, she was the twin of Sheyra. Thinking she was a friend of our previous employer, we left the Kris with her, to be stored in her protective vaults. In return she gave us her mask and orders to go to a Rashemi hathran named 'Lady Yhelbruna,' who I assume was our previous employer. We were told to go to Your Lordship, and that Your Lordship would lead us to 'Lady Yhelbruna.' It was a grave mistake indeed, to have left the Kris with Sheyra, for it was not until we were well upon our way to Rashemen that we discovered that Sheyra had been possessed by the evil necromancer Sarloc, who had used his necromantic magic to store his soul in a fire opal before he died, and when his prison was opened, he transferred his soul into a living man, taking possession of the man's body and forcing the man's mind into the opal. He continued in this manner, abandoning one body and possessing another, until he came upon Sheyra. When he possessed her, he knew that she was the last descendent of his mortal enemy and believed his victory was assured. Sethra's undead minions, raised by his Kris, pursued us all the way to Your Lordship's esteemed country; we faced--and fled--vampires, armies of walking skeletons and corpses, ghouls, and even people that seemed human, but cast no shadow. We barely escaped with our lives by running away. Some of us, including one of my companions, did not even keep their lives.

"Sethra's army is extensive and powerful, and includes human (or not-so-human) magic-users as well as hordes upon hordes of undead. He has already conquered many well-defended cities, among them the elven city of Myth Drannor. Hlondeth, too, may soon fall. Sethra himself can invade a person's body and absorb their memories, to act as that person without detection, until a better host comes along. He might already have destroyed Sheyra and her twin, Sarloc's heirs, so as to make his victory complete for himself--victory in eventually conquering all of Faerun, and victory in finally destroying the last remnants of Sarloc's influence."

(OOC: Holy crap, long speech. Anika probably hasn't said this many words in a row in years. )
    Last edited by blackfox; 2007-08-31 at 09:36 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."