View Single Post

Thread: Minimizing and Maximizing

1. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Minimizing and Maximizing

I think I may have unintentionally struck a collective forum nerve with his thread, so allow me to clarify .

I did not mean to imply that minimizing makes better roleplaying, or the opposite. Rather I was asking at what cost is maximizing worth better roleplaying, or indeed if this is a factor. Additionally, is usefulness important to min/maxing a character? and can one RP while being useless or the proverbial show stealer?

For example, I constantly find myself asking internally wheather or not to make a fighter venerable age, (yes I made a knight who was venerable, sue me...)because it would be a great RPing experience, but he would not be useful or powerful. Conversly, the goliath charge monger is powerful, semi-usefull, but RP lacking without great effort on my and the DM's part. I ended up with a Venerable Goliath Marshal who charged mounted with a lance (named Caladbolg the Cranky ).

The first post didn't properly articulate what I wished to say, and for that I am sorry. I am in no way advocating game breaking tactics, or min/maxing or even good RPing. Thanx for the posts...er evryone who posted .
    Last edited by slexlollar89; 2007-10-10 at 01:24 PM.