View Single Post

Thread: The Homebrewer's Extended Signature

1. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Homebrewer's Extended Signature

Current contest entry:
    None at this time.

How to get a bunch of Undead out of one corpse:(Now collected into a single thread)
    1. Full thread, starting with introduction.
    2. Anatomical Juggernaut Template(BARELY BEGUN CONSTRUCTION)
    3. Dark Heart
    4. Empty Skin
    5. Fat Glob
    6. Floating Lungs
    7. Gut Snake
    8. Hopping Stomach
    9. Muscle Mass (NEW! PEACH especially welcome.)
    10. Plague Tonsils (WORK IN PROGRESS)
    11. Rolling Eyeball
    12. Sinister Spinal Cord
    13. Skulking Bladders (CURRENTLY BARELY BEGUN CONSTRUCTION)
    14. Slithering Liver
    15. Spinning-Horizon Inner Ear (NEW! Ready for PEACH.)
    16. Zooming Brain
    17. Zooming Brain Specific Examples 1
    18. Corpse Ripper, Slaughter Ripper, and Corpse Peeler spells. Tables of additions to Summon Undead I to IX*
      *Yes, I know the published versions of those spells don't go that high.
    19. Reserved for Corpse Ripper and Corpse Peeler Specific Examples 1
    20. Farm Animal Stats and Links

Off-site link to Wizards, covering the Summon Undead line.

Older threads with older discussion can be found here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Corpse Ripper: A spell that simplifies the creation of these.

Skulking Bladders (with attached kidneys) CURRENTLY BARELY BEGUN CONSTRUCTION.

Slithering Liver: Constitution damage al la the Poison spell.

Sinister Spinal Cord: Paralysis followed by it wrapping around the victim's throat to attempt a slow strangulation.

Zooming Brain: Fly past on barely controlled course damaging all mental abilities for a brief duration.

Fat Glob: Slow, weak, but LOTS of HD, and a fatigue effect if it hits.

Rolling Eyeball: Scouts, spies, and roving patrols. Zero offensive capabilities unless taken from something with a gaze attack or eye-rays.

Floating Lungs: Based around the Shout spell.

Hopping Stomach: Spits acid.

Gut Snake: Undead intestines that fight with constriction, filth, and odor. Comment HERE.

Empty Skin: Macabre, but not always aggressive. Freak your characters/players out without a single die rolled... Intelligent servants for the necromancer just starting to come into his true power.

Dark Hearts: Literally pulsing with negative energy these repair the undead near them, and damage the living.

(A cow) NOT MY WORK

Reference notes to self:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Summon Undead
    1st Level: Skeleton, Medium; Zombie, Small;
    2nd Level: Skeleton, Large; Zombie, medium;
    3rd Level: Ghoul(CR 1); Skeleton, Huge(~2 to 5); Zombie, Large(~3 to 4);
    4th Level: Allip(CR 3); Ghast(CR 3); Zombie,Huge(No examples that big in SRD);
    5th level: Mummy(CR 5); Shadow(CR 3); Vampire Spawn(CR 4); Wight(CR 3)

Stuff on some Organ Undead from DnD Wiki IRC chat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    22:25 <AuraHorse >isn't there a prestige class in 3.5 that uses skins as a source of power?
    22:25 <AuraHorse >wonder if synergy applications are there
    22:25 <Draco_Dei >Acolyte of the Skin maybe?
    22:26 <AuraHorse >yeah
    22:26 <Draco_Dei >I think that replaces your skin with a demon, but...
    22:26 <Draco_Dei >There might have been something else for wearing the skins of people you killed.
    22:27 <DanielDraco >There's a Tome class that does that
    22:27 <Draco_Dei >Acolyte of the skin could MAYBE animate his old skin, but there wouldn't be much connection since... well, the template isn't very combative, and acolyte of the skin IS very combative.
    22:27 <Draco_Dei >So... want to start with the Empty Skins?
    22:27 <DanielDraco >there's also an undead somewhere in a book that is just a skin
    22:27 <DanielDraco >I think
    22:27 <Draco_Dei >Haven't heard of that.
    22:28 <AuraHorse >hmmm
    22:28 <Draco_Dei >Seen a homebrewed monster that was a flying swarm of shredded skin...
    22:28 <AuraHorse >undead skin monster thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212345
    22:29 <AuraHorse >looks like homebrew
    22:29 <AuraHorse >sure, I'll look at the empty skins
    22:29 <AuraHorse >Skin Kite from Libris Mortis maybe
    22:29 <AuraHorse >is that the monster?
    22:29 <DanielDraco >possibly
    22:29 <DanielDraco >Libris Mortis sounds right
    22:30 <Draco_Dei >http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44544
    22:30 <AuraHorse >ha, same forum
    22:30 <DanielDraco >Yeah, I think the image in my head was a combination of that concept and the Raiment image
    22:30 <AuraHorse >different thread
    22:32 <HockeyCid >Forsaken Shell is definitely the one you are looking for
    22:32 <HockeyCid >cast off skin, etc.
    22:32 <AuraHorse >question:
    22:32 <DanielDraco >HockeyCid: Alright, there's a whole assload of style/spell combinations available that I'd have to look at, and I really don't feel like doing that...ever
    22:32 <AuraHorse >DanielDraco: could the skin of a tattooed monk be used and could it retain those class abilities?
    22:32 <DanielDraco >But I will say that the problem still exists that they have precisely one useful ability from level 1 to 2
    22:33 <DanielDraco >AuraHorse: RAW? No
    22:33 <HockeyCid >Understood on the list, the latter bit is what I wanted to rectify
    22:33 <HockeyCid >So even with a whole group of Performance Tricks at level 1, it's not enough?
    22:34 <DanielDraco >A whole group? I didn't see that...rereading
    22:34 <AuraHorse >I mean after being crafted by the taxidermist
    22:34 <AuraHorse >and after using the create undead spell, etc
    22:34 <HockeyCid >That is the change from before. It gets all the Performance Tricks given by one style of performance
    22:35 <HockeyCid >It obviously favors some over others by the current list, but that's not an unfixable problem
    22:35 <DanielDraco >Yeah, you should certainly fix that problem. Like, choosing Singing gives it the vast majority from the getgo.
    22:35 <DanielDraco >I'd just make it simpler and let them pick 2 or 3 at the start.
    22:35 <Draco_Dei >AuraHorse: As it stands, no. But if I knew Tattooed Monk I might write up the rules for it, and I think a good GM could figure them out if he had the rules for both in front of him.
    22:35 <AuraHorse >and: if you can't use a tattooed monk's skin, could you apply the Spellstitched Template?
    22:36 <HockeyCid >I found a photo of the Forsaken Shell. It's not pretty
    22:36 <Draco_Dei >You could, of course, apply the spell-stitched Template. Might be hard on a furry creature's pelt since the fast healing means you would have to keep re-shaving it to get at the skin itself to tattoo it, but...
    22:36 <DanielDraco >And yes, Forsaken Shell is /exactly/ what I was thinking of, thank you. Though I was still confusing its pose with the Raiment's
    22:36 <HockeyCid >cool
    22:37 <AuraHorse >I would not regenerate hair: hair is not alive
    22:37 <AuraHorse >in the first place
    22:37 <DanielDraco >Bewilder is OP even for VH. Even for Tome.
    22:37 <AuraHorse >neither is hair undead
    22:37 <Draco_Dei >Of course, as a GM I might say you could do the tattooing before the killing, or maybe between the killing and the tanning.
    22:37 <HockeyCid >I am inclined to agree. I probably should go over all of those
    22:37 <HockeyCid >Some I copy-pasted without really looking
    22:38 <Draco_Dei >Err... no, this thing definitely regrows hair as part of its fast healing. Otherwise it would loose half the "always in perfect condition/appearance" point.
    22:38 <HockeyCid >afk for a while
    22:38 <AuraHorse >that's weird lol
    22:38 <AuraHorse >would make a great toupee for an evil person
    22:38 <AuraHorse >like Lex Luthor
    22:39 <Draco_Dei >Well, you have to taxidermy the WHOLE creature, so... he would literally be wearing a small animal on his head.
    22:39 <AuraHorse >that's hot
    22:40 <Draco_Dei >Deflated, and maybe with the head and limbs folded under, but still the whole thing.
    22:40 <AuraHorse >yeah, but that furry animal looks pretty damn good
    22:40 <AuraHorse >always perfect appearance
    22:41 <Draco_Dei >Well, "perfect" means slightly different things for a small animal than for a toupee.
    22:41 <AuraHorse >my mistake
    22:42 <Draco_Dei >I mean you could totally do that with a villain who is weird, or really anal about his bald-spot (as in any minion that mentions it even obliquely gets quietly hauled off to be tortured to death).
    22:44 <Draco_Dei >Have you read the whole thing? If so, do you have more to say, or shall we move on to another organ?

Non-Organ Templates:
    Mummy: Because I believe that almost all undead should be templates. First post of a thread that will hopefully be dedicated to that concept.

Half-Warsong Dragon: Sonic-based. Created in 10 minutes and it shows, but should be usable.

Eripmav: This is a "Low-Powered Non-Evil Vampire". Sounds pretty boring right? Nope! It has a lot of interesting quirks to it, and replaces all that over-done angst with something that encourages roleplay with random NPCs and maybe even between party members.

Miscellaneous Creatures:
    But first an off-site link to something for making making monsters easier. A bit more detailed than the other one I think.
    And here is a helpful spreadsheet for PF (and thus somewhat for 3.0/3.5) for reasonable ranges for monsters of a given CR.

The Black Wind: Made in response to a request for a rare random encounter that would terrorize low-level characters but not kill them, but could be a real fight at higher levels.

De-Hydra: A variant hydra based around a pun.

Chicken Golem: Created by the servants of Cluckzor and/or She-Who-Clucks, these golems are created by gluing live chickens together. They are almost as inefficient as they sound as far as combat potential per hit-die, but hey, at least they are fairly cheap!

Fractal Bear: A bear with the upper torsos of smaller bears for fore-limbs, each of which have the same thing going on. Comment HERE.

Subra: Lower CR example creature for The Demented One's Kaleidoscopic Dream discipline.

Tenacious Badger and Wolverine: Immortal Fortitude stance added basically... just a sketch (like a template), rather than full stat-blocks.

Tittering Brick Squirrel: Really annoying... drops bricks on you, then laughs at you.

Disco Dragons: Avatars of Funk, arch-foes of Beige Dragons. Groovin'est dragons ever to grace the planes with their bodacity. Comments may be found and made HERE.

Warp Hog: Like a wart hog, but after it hits something it instantaneously Dimension Doors away to do it again.

Favored of the Traveler God: What Lichdom is to the Death domain, this is to the Travel domain. Comment HERE.

Castor and Pollux: A pair of VERY well equipped wing dragons working as a border patrol. Winner of the First Alchemyprime Monstrous Contest. Trophy is in a spoiler near the end of this post .

True Fairy Dragon: Fairy Dragons done as True Dragons, with 12 age categories and so on. Currently a work in progress.

Masooze: Intelligent Oozes that are specifically designed to give spa treatments. Another one of my pun creatures.

Devotion Bower: Firmly rooted but with mobile limbs and launchable thorns, these servants of Allurehn grant refuge to star-crossed lovers (of the True rather than Flighty kind) in an extra-dimensional space inside themselves. Comment HERE. Example 6 HD version with 2 4th level commoners inside HERE.

Pez-Ants: Suggestion I came up with to be commoners of Candyland.

Fiend Fungus
    : BMCM (Bio-Magical Counter-Measures) for evil. No direct threat. Just an Evil Alignment and lots of HD.

Soda Vulture
    : A scavenging elemental based on a pun on the term "Sotto Voce" (meaning "Under the Breath").

The First Word and The Final Word: Two unique outsiders sprung from the ponderings of gods and mortals alike on tactical trade-offs. Comment HERE.

Acorn Folly: A creature with a unique weakness. Meant to be defeated more via good tactical flexibility (AKA willingness to actually retreat the first time it is encountered) and research than just wailing on it. Should only be used once against any group of players EVER, and never as a random encounter. Ideally should have an entire adventure built around defeating it.

Free Spirit comment HERE - The ultimate observers.

Smokey Floater comment HERE: A way to keep the Smog down in large settlements... just don't let them get too greedy...

Accursed Conductor: comment HERE. (Incomplete still)

Mepholk: Snuggly anthropomorphic skunks... a SMALL spin-off of my most in-depth creation ever (the wereskunks). Comment HERE. Keld Denar was kind enough to do a 32 point optimized character HERE.

Astral Pack-Beast: Comment HERE.

Wing Dragons: Masters of aerial speed and skill Locked thread Commentary HERE. PM me to comment now. One of my most detailed works. For specific examples see Castor and Pollux. Oslecamo did a racial progression class HERE, in his thread for racial progression classes.

Lord of Rest :(discussion thread is HERE.) Animated beds of unequaled comfort.

Beige Dragon: Based on an idea in a single panel comic by Richard Burlew. Avatars of Mediocracy and Squareness. Features a Mundane Presence and a Breathweapon of Pure Elemental Ennui.

Martyr Flitter: A gift from the Heavens that can be used to store up positive energy to be released (by killing it) to heal the living and damage the undead.

M.I.R.V. Griffon: A Griffon that can split into smaller ones as it dives... a joke that should be well enough executed that your players will be challenged despite the underlying pun.

Giraffe-a-pump: A creature both for completists(sp) (HOW is there a massive city in the center of the barren desert???) and those who like a little bit of innocence/cuteness in the mix.

Discipline:

Falling Anvil: Based on the combat techniques of Bugs Bunny, The Three Stooges, and the Road Runner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eulalios View Post
    ETA: The Falling Anvil Discipline is one of the coolest funny things I have seen.

Spoiler: Things to fix when I get an editable version:
    Show
    Alter "Be Wary Wary Quwiete" so it negates all bonuses and penalties from camouflage, including from most magic items.

Individual Maneuvers:
    Funky and Square Maneuvers: To round out Devoted Defender for the third axis of alignment.

Anti-Swallow Whole: Stance to leap down purple-worm's throats, without them getting a bite in, and then tunnel to from their stomach to their heart and STAB it. Also a strike that helps you get your friends out if the Purple Worm swallows them first.

Feats: (Note that feats specific to a single class or race are not listed here.)
    Tightened Lips: Quiet Strength.

Discerning: Spell has no effect on creatures of a specific alignment. Thread also contains two matching weapon enhancements.

Diving Evasion: Hit the deck to get out of the way of both blades and fireballs.

Sniper's Patience: Why waste an arrow if you are just going to miss?

Gemini Strike: For hit and run flanking and other such synchronized attacks.

Blocker: Increases your ability to screen the squishy types. Good by itself, even better with the Dwarven Defender PrC.

Brawn over Brain (AKA Physical Training Focus): For Dumb As A Post Monks, Rogues, Fighters, and Barbarians, who still are highly athletic. (Now outdated since I decided this should be a trait, rather than a feat).

Ignore Opponent: So the (Tucker's) kobold with no class levels can't cause you to count as flanked for the 5th level kobold rogue.

Traits:
    Careful Reader: You can read scrolls more easily... it just takes you longer.

Dabbler: More skill points, but reduced caps.

Inoffensive: Weakened social skills but with a safety net.

Physical Training Focus: Used to be a feat, thinking it works better as a trait.

House Rules:
    Alternate Table Turning/Rebuking Table: Useful for lower levels when turning/rebuking undead with fractional hit-dice. Goes well with the organ undead, many of whom are glass canons.

Alternate Spell-save DC: Very simple "DC = 10 + 1/2 caster level +casting stat mod. - spell level". See post/thread for further analysis.

Total Defense and Steeling the Will: "I clutch my hands to my temple and yell 'Stay out of my head you!'. "

Reverse Enchanting: Turn that +5 Unholy Vorpal Sword you captured into a +5 Vorpal Sword so it won't give you a negative level anymore.

Combat Aroma-Therapist
    : Silly but (theoretically?) playable bard option.

"Special Snowflake Christmas Trees": Making variations in magic item load-outs more varied via various tweaks to character classes and the items themselves.

Setting Aspects:
    Were-world: What better way of keeping rodenthropy and actual lycanthopy from EVER becoming epidemics than by inoculating EVERYBODY with some strain of theranthropy?

Invocations:
    Split Blast: Trade power for multi-targeting with this blast shape invocation... most useful in combination with eldritch essence invocations that produce an effect in addition to the initial damage. Also includes a rather interesting NPC who uses this blast shape to aid him in his work as a rat-catcher.

Enhance Familiar and Imbue Familiar with Invocation Equivalents to Familiar buffs (and one utility that is very much like a defensive buff) for members of Invocation using classes who have familiars. Made to synergize with my Coward's-Strike Warlock.

Spells:
    Singular Word: A spell that gains power based on how long you were silent before casting it.

Mindblower: Based on the "Mind=Blown" gifs, with shrapnel damage to secondary targets based on the mental ability scores of the primary target.

Shadow Mirror: Improved version of Mirror Image where your enemies always guess wrong, but stricter about where you can be.

Retain Post-Mortal Servant: Making mindless undead and deathless a tad less useless.

Hasten Undeath/Deathlessness: Causes a corpse that would already animate to do so faster. Based on Order of the Stick #848, with name for first one by archaeo.

Cure Minor Wounds, Mass: Because I like to see patterns extended, and it is great for saving lives on a battle-field.

Endure Environment, Greater/Lesser: Endure Elements duration, that actually gives resistance to energy damage (including a small amount of positive/negative energy resistance if you want that instead). Very versatile spells, but higher level and the actual amounts of the resistances aren't very large by comparison.

Detect Chaos and Turn It to Ice Sculpture
    Detect Evil and Turn It to Sizzling Bacon
    Detect Good and Turn It to Roast Chicken
    Detect Law and Turn It to Goo
    : Based on a motivator. Auto-targeting, Area of Effect, Damage Over Time. Three different spell-levels and all four alignments for a total of twelve spells!

Detect Magic and Turn It to Rubble: Arcane counterpart to the above.

Enhance Poison: Keeps poisons and ravages relevant at higher levels by giving them spell resistance against detection/resisting/curing, higher DCs, and other benefits.

Air Swim: Great for tritons, and not half-bad for everyone else. "Little Brother" to Air Walk.

Raise Legion
    : Multi-target version of Raise Dead.

Q-Ray Vision: Detect illusions by blocking out reality.

Control Magic: Why destroy something when you can steal it instead?

Heir's Teleportation: Magical Ceasarian Section.

Inoculation equivalents: Like it says on the thread title "An Ounce of Prevention is worth a Pound of Cure". The higher levels of this will can allow a few casters to halt the spread non-magical plagues dead, or protect a group from even Mummy Rot and Devil Chills.

Confuse Languages: Temporary scramble your ability to communicate so as to prevent language dependent effects from working on you. Comes in Personal, Single Target, and Mass versions, plus a "Battle Code" version that still lets team-mates communicate. Single Target and Mass versions also useful on enemies.

True Haste: Combines the best (not most powerful... best) aspects of the 3.0 and 3.5 versions of Haste, while hopefully retaining the same power level as the 3.5 version.

Weapon Enhancements:
    Discerning, Lesser/Greater Can't harm creatures of a specific alignment. Thread also contains a related metamagic feat.

Durable: Are you a bit tired of rust monsters eating your weapons and armor?... then this enhancement is not for you. Are you REALLY FURIOUS about rust monsters eating your weapons and armor? Then this enhancement may be what you are looking for.

Boon: Usually not a boon to its WIELDER, this is sorta the opposite of Bane. Mostly discussion point, nothing finalized.

Flickering: Substitutes a reflex save by the target for each to-hit roll by the wielder. (DC based on attack bonus of strike).

Mole: For fighting with big slashing and bludgeoning weapons in tight spaces and other creative uses. Most of weapon has an earth elemental's "Stone Swim" ability.

Specific Weapons:

Club of the Moron: Not really very useful for dealing hit-point damage. Somewhat useful for dealing wisdom damage. Very useful for beating yourself over the head to make your falling anvil maneuvers more useful.

Halitosis-berd: Gains effectiveness the worse the wielder's breath is.

Misc. Magic Items:
    Headband of Mind-Shielding: Item with an (oft-overlooked?) benefit of Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law.

Belt of Recovery: Stand up more easily when knocked prone.

Circlet of Mindless Mind: Making mindless undead and deathless a tad less useless. (The item form of Retain Post-Mortal Servant).

Gloves of the Mole: For those who think flight is for the birds and want to get closer to earth.

Cursed Teas: Constant Commentary, Leech-y Nut, Irish Breakfast Tea, Spearmint Surprise, Cinnamon Beat-Stick, Squirrel Gray, 'Rooibos Vanilla, Darkjeeling, English Break-fist, Oolooooooong, Charomile and many more.

Demon's Belt: Continuous item of Dimensional Anchor for when you are off-plane and don't want to get Banished/Dismissed, or want to be prepared for prismatic effects.

Master's and Grandmaster's Wizards Chess Sets: Random_Person made a chessboard whose pieces enlarge and animate to fight, I created these more powerful version with tweaked rules. If you want to see his version, view the whole thread, then look at the first post.

Wizards Xiangqi Set: After doing the above, I thought I might expand it to at least one non-Western version of Chess.

Gummy Sphere: Entertainment item, allow eater to blow bubbles out of their ears. No real combat applications that I can see. Part of a larger thread of candies started by someone else..

Arc Vest and Arcing Shield/Armor Enchantment: Major electricity damage for fighters and rogues, but requires careful teamwork.

Cards: To add to a Deck of Many Things. Mix, match, create your own temptation for your players.

Mundane Items:
    Unusual Poisons: Poisons that cause everything from fear to excessive ear-wax (which affects listen checks). Also my old Hunter's Friend (AKA "Mage Bane") and derivative ideas. Int damage and fast recovery allows low cost without upsetting game balance.

Base Classes:
    Grace-gift: For those who honestly would rather buff their allies rather than take offensive action. Share out your impressive defenses with your allies, and (once you get a few levels in) put the pain on anyone who tries to get past you to them with your AoOs.

World's Simplest Monk Fix: Exactly what it says on the tin. Note that "simplest" does not always mean "best".

Guardian of Minds: NPC class. What the Adept is to the Sorcerer this is to the Paladin. ((Note: Moral Guardian should be all Su, but I can't edit it because the thread is locked.))

Lesser Martialist: An attempt at a tier 6 ToB class. Don't know if I hit Tier 6, but it should, at the very least, be weaker than any of the published martial initiators.

Prestige Classes:
    Coward's-Strike Warlock: Warlock specific version of my Artillery Mage. Same deal: Invisible familiar sees them, you shoot them without coming out from behind cover.

Anchored Guardian Druid PrC about stability. Opposed by Bhu's Seed of Corruption.

Adept Hunter: A continuation of a Broken Blade Master of One.

Sublime Form Master: Get a bunch of stances, but no maneuvers.

Leap Dragoon: Based on Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX. Leaps to other planes to gain a moment to focus, then returns with re-doubled momentum. Originally a contest entry it now resides in the first two posts (I have to split it, due to size) of its own thread. As for the contest my entry is first tentatively mentioned in the chat thread HERE. The part of the discussion thread relevant to that overall contest starts HERE.

True Master of Nine: Because the one in Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords really works out to be more like "Master of Six".

Artillery Mage: Familiar acts as your spotter, you do indirect fire.

Miasma-mancer PrC: Comment HERE. Specialists in Conjurations related to the elemental plane of smoke.

Benign Controller: comment HERE Not totally complete, but almost.

Master of Life and Undeath: Clerics who channel both positive and negative energy and pass gracefully between life, undeath, and death.

Snake-Blade: Straightforward meleeists focused on the use of poison. Who says only cowardly skulkers use toxins?

MEMBER OF THE MILITANT ARM OF THE RIGHT-HONORABLE, BOTH IN BATTLEFIELD CONDUCT AND IN MORE EVERYDAY CIVILITY, GNOMISH SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY AND THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE STORAGE OF ENERGIES OF MOTION IN WOODEN AND METAL ARMATURES AND THE RAPID RELEASE AND RESTORATION AFTER RELEASE OF THOSE ENERGIES FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROJECTING, WITH PRECISION, PROJECTILES, USUALLY OF A POINTED NATURE, FOR THE PURPOSE OF CAUSE HARM, FREQUENTLY TO POINT OF DEATH, AND IN RARE INSTANCES MEASURES BEYOND DEATH TO THOSE THAT GARL GLITTERGOLD WHOSE PRANKS ARE ALWAYS BOTH AMUSING AND INSTRUCTIVE, AGREES WITH OUR OWN HEARTS ON THE POINT THAT THE WORLD IS DECIDEDLY AND STRONGLY LIKELY TO BE A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT BEING IN SUCH CONDITIONS AS MAY FROM TIME TO TIME ALLOW THEM TO PROJECT FORCE UPON OTHERS BY MEANS OF MARTIAL ENDEAVOR.: Blink-dog riding, Semi-automatic repeater crossbow dual wielding gnomes! Voting thread (closed).

Engineers' Auxillary: Same Blink-Dogs, different weapons.

Deity:
    Cluckzor: Tragically brain-damaged god of chickens, tricked into Evil by the same being that put the point of a pick into his brain, and manipulated by his double-thinking clergy into not actually being Evil at all really... his clerics sometimes make Chicken Golems patterned after the construction of his personal dwelling.

Character building:
    Messy stash of character development questions.

Campaign Logs:
    I am Currently Running:
    Ruceeglaelsktinag: "Justifiable Genocide", Contradiction in terms? IC OOC Active Map: None.
    For everything else see: Full list of Homebrew. Recruiting thread (gets deleted around February 18th, 2013)

Currently playing in:
    Shards of Terna(Homebrew testing game, playing a Grace-Gift):
    In-Character
    Out of Character

Ended Campaigns:
    A Matter of Faith(Gestalt, got to test out my Organ Undead, redone as Deathless):
    In-Character
    Out of Character

Legacy of Shadow(WAS also testing out my Organ Undead, also redone as Deathless, died stillborn):
    In-Character
    Out of Character

The Christian Furry Fellowship : Starting off on the Semi-Elemental plane of Candy.

Age of Warriors Testing (Zany) : In-Character, Out Of Character

My Little Pony: Exploration is Magic: In-Character, Out of Character, My character Mr Bounder the Unicorn

Filk:
    4000 Years(to live): Romantic song for Dragons to the tune of "100 Years (to live)" by Five for Fighting

Utter silliness disguised as something like a base classes (actually known as an Acid classes):
    Best read in order.
    The Rethgif
    The Draziw
    Vote Up an Acid Class

And a related feat:
    Snore-blade

And unrelated joke feats:
    Ironic Will
    Vapid Shot

To Do list
    (If something sounds especially good, ask via PM... I might make it sooner,rather than later).
    Bladders (Oooo... this is going to be SUCH a pain...)
    Hive Mind Fey Squirrels
    Verve Stealer Ooze (XP drain...NOT LEVEL DRAIN!)
    Humorous but perfectly logical (IE it would make SENSE in a serious campaign, even though it is funny) Chaotic Evil Fiend
    Complete some of the things I left incomplete (some aren't really ever meant to be "complete" in the usual sense, since the fluff is so obvious it isn't fully worth writing).

Complex Numbers as applied to Life, Death, Undeath, and Deathlessness.

Extended Signature Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eulalios View Post
    ETA: The Falling Anvil Discipline is one of the coolest funny things I have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by hewhosaysfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vectner View Post
    How would you de-louse someone in D&D?
    1) Pour a small amount of gold dust in your left ear
    2) Build a tiny miniature tavern under your right foot
    3) All the lice are killed by an adventuring party made up of an earwig wizard, a silverfish rouge, a ladybug fighter and a weevil cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    "Don't make me come over there and find out how many experience points you're worth."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Wow, you actually came up with a mechanical way to use Kamina Sunglasses to increase your awesomeness. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I also think that Meatloaf could make for an interesting Path...
    OH! OH! OH BOOP YES! Draco I could kiss you right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordZarth View Post
    I think it's important that both the Build Team and DracoDei know that I would marry DracoDei right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by imp_fireball View Post
    Yah, but having a lithe build doesn't usually imply that you also wear golden armor that shines with the might of the hottest sun in the sky and that lesser demons kneel before you in both utter fear and awe at remembering how many spinal cords you removed in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalizar View Post
    A bardbarian may rock, but a warforge bard is metal. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai
    My most jarring moment was looking over the gutted & mangled revised skill system. That's when I decided that 4E wasn't for me. Nothing else could hurt me after that; I was numbed by the devastation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgstar On forum.rpg.net
    Is there ever a time when Kenny Loggin's Danger Zone is not playing in Rainbow Dash's head? Protip: No.
    Adendum to the above, based on "May the Best Pet Win": Actually, she sometimes swaps out for "Ride of the Valkyries"

Trophy:
    Spoiler
    Show

Other people's work I don't want to lose track of:
    Awesome Poem about why Dragons should avoid the 7 Deadly Sins
    ((Actual post since it is in a recruiting thread that will get deleted))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen my hatchling,for now you shall hear
    Of the Only Seven Slayers a dragon must fear.
    First beware Pride, lest belief in one's might
    Has you discount the foe who braves your sight.
    Never Envy other dragons their wealth, power or home
    For dark plots and plans will bring death to your own.
    Your Wrath shouldnt win, when spears strike your scale
    Anger kills cunning, which you will need to prevail.
    A dragon must rest, but Sloth you should dread
    Else long years of napping let assasins to your bed.
    'Greed is good', or so foolish dragons will say
    Until piles of treasure bring killing thieves where they lay.
    Hungry is your body, and at times you must feed,
    But Gluttony makes fat dragons, who cant fly at need.
    A hot Lust for glory, gems, gold, or mates
    Leeds recklesss young drakes to the blackest of fates.
    So take heed of this wisdom precius hatchling of mine,
    And the long years of dragonhood are sure to be thine.

-from the novel Dragon Champion

FINISHED attempt at fixing all the core spells. Going to let the link age a while in case of virii before I click it but...

Meta-Discipline
    Move-Action maneuvers for the Nine Disciplines ToB
    The Mane Six in 2nd Edition Mutants and Masterminds

Common Sense house-rules to consider

Natural Geography-building thread
    Merging cells in tables
    Average monster stats

Weirder

Lunatic
    Only Sane Man
    Nachtmahr
    Funky/Square Axis of Alignment
    Mob and Unit Templates
    Magic: the Gathering color wheel as a substitute (or in my case addition) for the 2 axis system
    Tome of Horrors review
    Cetacean Knight For stuff with fish.

Age of Warriors spreadsheets:
    Disciplines: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...Rw&hl=en#gid=0
    PrCs:https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...2ZjByaUE&hl=en

PrC I provided most of the capstone for:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/printthread.php?t=156918

Start of oddly morale boosting part of AoW thread:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...=134088&page=8

Butchering

Tanning

Wing Dragon (Class version) created and played by someone else, from aborted campaign

Flavorful NPCs that can do stuff, but aren't even near adventurer quality.

Off-site link to a PrC that is a bit of a spoiler, but of what I will not say...
    http://www.oswguild.com/WoW/viewtopic.php?t=3843

How to handle unlucky players?

For Fnaire

Discipline appropriate to Wing Dragons

Contains link to useful homebrew creation tools, and plus a table for bloodlines.

Table-making stuff with pre-made class-table templates

Random notes for various works in progress: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...26#post8935426

Attila's Math Thread

Wall of Fire (Filk)

Ponytars

The very first (and so far only) Internet I won:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=48
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-03-02 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Added True Haste