View Single Post

Thread: Unpopular Other media opinions

1. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Unpopular Other media opinions

Hah! Smith could blue-screen-of-death me, any day.

Spoiler
    Show

I can admire anyone who I can see as being intensely motivated and capable of pushing themselves beyond what was thought possible. Of course, there are plenty of historic examples of such people who push themselves to monstrous or infamous ends. I can't really call my feelings for them admiration, but it's at least "grudging respect". Sure Smith would have ended the existence of millions (if not billions) of people in the Matrix, but since it's a movie and they weren't really "killed", it's easier to overlook what would have been the end of all humankind.

Can't blame him for being selfish, though. He's a child. How do toddlers act when they've finally grown old enough to realize that they can ask for things? They ALWAYS want this, or they ALWAYS want that. They'll tell you what they want, and they'll be mad if they don't get it.

Well, I'll try to go back on topic now. Here's an opinion that isn't so much "unpopular" as "unorthodox":

• Opera music can be pretty good for drinking to when depressed.

Doh wait, there's already a separate music thread. My bad. Now I need a replacement on-topic comment!

• Ever hear anyone brag about reading Sun Tzu's Art of War? I hope not - it's an amazingly unprofound book. Again, I can see how it would have rocked hard when it was written millenia ago, but to summarize it for you:
      1. Don't ever fight if you're not guaranteed victory
      2. If your officers are incompetent, fire them
      3. Apparantly when the high ground is to the downwind of your chariots, to the left of your archers, and 45 degrees south-southwest to your infantry, "that is deadly ground." When/if you read it, you'll get that joke.
    Last edited by TheGreatJabu; 2007-11-16 at 04:41 AM.
    "This man wishes to be accorded the same privilege as a sponge!" - Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind