Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph View Post
I've seen some decent fighter fixes over time on the forums, including one that really caught my eye. I'll try to dig it up so you guys can take a look at it. My main concerns for the existing classes right now is making a one-handed and two-handed melee combat styles for the ranger, and organizing the monk to make it an easier read. Ideas on either of this.
Perhaps for the one-handed style you could either include something for the use and mastery of shields in the off hand, or make some sort of a set of homebrew feats for the use of free hands in combat (e.g. arm locks, grappling, some sort of parry).

As for the two-handed weapon style, you could give them Favored Power Attack from Complete Warrior.

As an alternative to these fighting styles built as a list of feats, you could just assign abilities in place of feats where no pre-existing feats existed. That would allow from somewhat more unique fighting styles that fighters would not be able to duplicate.

You could also have each style be a sort of generalized Weapon Style feat which allows for the gaining of new abilities based on your BAB or your ranger level. Since a lot of what I said is ideas which contradict each other, I hope that you were able to at least get something out of this which helped.