View Single Post

Thread: Contact Lost

1. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Contact Lost

Zell:try as you might, the scanning systems refuse to come back online. The power-outs affected many cuircits, but even so, you seem to be making exceptionally little headway in fixing things.... if you were an assassin, screwing with the scanners like this would make sense. You can't see any solid proof someones tampering with the scanners, but it's not semi-plausable.....

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show

you screwed up the repair role, so not hard proof of tampering, but you're tactics roll is good enough to guess at it. you can try and fix other systems, or have another bash at the scanners.

Nerd: if you were charged with killing the commadore and escaping without alerting the wider world, their would be two tasks you think they'd been to achive: first, complete the disabling of the engines systems, preferablbly so that they appear to malfunctioned, giving the power-outs a plausable reason, and sufficenlt thoughly so that the system won't be repaired by the crew, disposing of the evidence. Second, escape via a shuttle. Thier were definatly no ships within a couple of AU of your position, when you lost power, and your still immense speed means you'd have seen anyone trying to catch you (not that they could). The only way to escape to a pick-up ship would be via a shuttle burning a lot of it's fuel to slow down enough to be picked up.

assuming the assassin is planning on leaving, and not blowing the ship up with her....

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show

damm good roll, so a wack form the clue bat for you! (not that you need it. you guys have played FAR too many games to be anything but highly paranoid and cyncial.

++Clyne here. I'm going to check on engineering quickly, see if i can get a ETA on powerup.++
    Last edited by Storm Bringer; 2008-02-11 at 09:55 AM.
    Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, 'ow's yer soul? "
    But it's " Thin red line of 'eroes " when the drums begin to roll
    The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
    O it's " Thin red line of 'eroes, " when the drums begin to roll.

"Tommy", Rudyard Kipling