View Single Post

Thread: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

1. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

Mara Herbswife

Mara woke slowly, and for a moment she wasn't sure where she was. Did I fall out of my hammock? It wouldn't be the first time, but why is the planking so uneven? And why is there sand on it? Wait... sand? The shipwreck!

Mara sat up suddenly, her memories of the night before flooding back. As one of the few women on board, she had been among the first ushered into the lifeboats, but she had been in too much shock to do more than grab her backpack and beltpouch before climbing in. When they had reached land, her rational mind was too far gone to react, so animal instincts took over, and she had run for the trees purely because they seemed to offer more shelter. Now Mara took a few shuddering breaths to calm herself. All she could do now was help the survivors. She would mourn those lost later, in private.

Standing, Mara hefted her backpack onto her shoulders and emerged from the trees. Looking around, she could see that while many were still milling around aimlessly, a group nearby had begun the task of gathering the dead. While an elf kept birds off the bodies on the beach, a human - probably a sailor, by his clothing - stripped corpses near the trees of anything useful. Ferrying human remains between the two locations were two figures, one tall, the other stout. The taller seemed to be the half-orc Mara had noticed wandering on deck sometimes. The smaller seemed to be...

<Ovias?> Mara's voice was a whisper. With the chaos and her own shock last night, she had lost track of him. Since Dwarves lived underground, she thought it unlikely that he would be able to swim ashore. Then the figure in turned slightly, apparently speaking to the half-orc, and she caught sight of his grey beard.

<Ovias!> With a shout, Mara began to run toward her friend. Part of her mind remarked critically that she was hysterical, and that she would be of more use organizing the milling crowd. The rest of Mara ignored that fact and simply urged her legs to move faster.

Character Sheets/[Player]/(Profession):
    Spoiler
    Show

Zavulon Gråbein [Shademan] (Blacksmith)
    Roostin Truckleman [TwoCents] (Sailor/Carpenter)
    Mara Herbswife [Lonna] (Healer)
    Ovias Greybeard [Grey Wolf] (Stonemason)
    Tano Curunda [Daryk] (Bowyer/Fletcher)
    Joseph Bridgeman [Yeril] (Hunter)
    Maria Vallen [Jagadaishio] (Hunter)
    Gil Gil [Smartaleq] (Netmaker)
    Ray Zhang [Rayzin] (Cook)
    Larry the Hairy [borninbones] (Farmer)
    Brady Turner [Imbasel] (Miner)
    Elias Fisher [Fisher] (Courier)
    Imbrallius [Sicarius] (Clerk)
    Feln Zekor [journeyman] (Animal Trainer)
    Janson Himmerhardt [zed's dead] (Author)
    Epswitch Shortoe [Lawful_Evil] (Chimney Sweep)
    Eric the Brewer [Zombie pixe] (Farmer)
    Ben [sickler] (Brawler)

Total:
    2 Hunters
    2 Farmers
    1 Carpenter
    1 Netmaker
    1 Blacksmith
    1 Stonemason
    1 Healer
    1 Bowyer/Fletcher
    1 Cook
    1 Miner
    1 Brawler
    1 Courier
    1 Clerk
    1 Animal Trainer
    1 Author
    1 Chimney Sweep
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-02-25 at 07:31 PM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show