1. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Codename: Swampgas, Like Frostburn, but with Swamps

Hmm, got an inspiration for a pretty high CR psionic creature. It pretends to be a small swamp itself. Marshmind.

Well, psi-like abilities.

Marshmind
    Gargantuan Elemental (Aquatic, Earth, Extraplanar, Psionic)
    HD 12d8+60 (114)
    Speed 10 ft. (2 squares); Burrow 10 ft.
    Init: +0
    AC 6; touch 6; flat-footed 6
    (Size -4)
    BAB +9; Grp +25
    Attack: Vine +13 (1d4-1)
    Full Attack: 6 Vines +13/+13/+13/+13/+13/+8 (1d4-1)
    Space 30 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
    Special Attacks Psi-Like Abilities, Elemental Traits
    Special Qualities DR 15/-, SR 21, Immunity to sonic, Immunity to acid
    Saves Fort +13 Ref +4 Will +13
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 10, Con 20, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 18
    Skills
    Feats Multi-Attack, Improved Multi-Attack
    Environment Swamps
    Organization Only single
    Challenge Rating X
    Treasure X gold; X gems; X art; X magical items
    Alignment Always Chaotic Evil.
    Advancement by TYPE;

Hrm...I don't know much (read: anything) about psionics. Or how constrict usually works, although that I can probably figure out. Can anyone help me out picking and writing out psionic spell-like abilities for this? I want to aim for neutralizing enemies so it can consume them with crazy constrict grappling.

I'm also going to add a disease, Brain Blight, which Marshminds infect people with through injury after slashing little cuts in them with its vines.

Hmm...I'm not sure if I'm using Multi-Attack/Improved right.

[hr]
    Got another addition. They've got something like this in all of the books, so I thought I'd give my own.

Disinfectant Cream: This bottle of thick, odorous cream can be smeared in a light layer over a single medium creature's body. This process takes 3 minutes, and the disinfectant lasts for one hour. If submerged in water, the remaining time is cut in half. While smeared with Disinfectant Cream, the creature gains +3 on Fortitude saves vs. diseases contracted through injury, contact, or exposure.

Stamina Powder: This small capsule of powder can be ingested to affect one medium size creature. For one hour afterwards, the consumer of the powder gains a +3 bonus on Fortitude saves vs. diseases contracted through ingesting and inhaling.

For both Disinfectant Cream and Stamina Powder, it takes a 3x normal dose to cover a large creature. Not positive about other sizes, actually.

Disease Kit: This first aid box contains all that is needed to treat diseases. It has 3 bottles of Disinfectant Cream, 3 Stamina Powder capsules, and various herbal remedies, pure water, and bandages. Use of this kit allows a +2 circumstance bonus on Heal checks made to combat disease.

I have no idea what prices should be for these.

[hr]
    Lastly, I have an idea for a PrC. The Concocter. Probably a 5 level PrC that crafts it's own diseases with alchemy.
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-02-20 at 09:44 PM.