View Single Post

Thread: Evolution

1. - Top - End - #166
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Evolution

The muro, located so far from the forest are slightly less affected by the crash, though a small group of muro was dispatched by the collective to examine the landing site. Armed with their spears, they flew all the way to the crash site, examining the landing, holding their breath as they got closer.

At home, the muro dug a tunnel to the sea, making sure to arc it so the water level wouldn't overflow and flood the city. They expanded the opening far beyond the needs of muro, so the aquahabito could get in. The tunel tapered away to muro-size, though, so this was ore of a meeting area than a acess tunnel. The rest of the muro were busy harvesting stone to line the city walls with. Seeing how well the wall had worked, they quickly brought up hunks of stone, lining the entire city with the hard material and sealing the cracks with wetted rock dust, a primitive sort of concrete.

Spoiler
    Show
    Brain- 12 (Civilization. Stone-lined cities, advanced intelligence, metalworking)
    Head- 1
    Neck- 2 (meme patch)
    Torso- 1
    Heart- 2 (increased fortitude)
    Limbs- 4 (wings, burrowing legs, swimming tail, manipulative digits)
    Reproduction- 1
    Lungs- 3 (able to breathe air and water)
    Digestion- 1 (herbivore)
    Size- 1
    1 point for semi-hibernation
    1 point for enhanced senses

225: A massive central den on the peninsula's head.

(I'm seconding frenchie's point on the swimming. It cost me three points to get where you did in one point, which I consider a bit unfair.)
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2008-03-13 at 01:24 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show