1. - Top - End - #431
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion IV - Death of the Lich King (Day 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Actually, you were the one that brought up Ranna been picked as a possible rebel and never once did I mention that she might even be the spy.
    Obviously I wasn't going to tell you that the rebels weren't hand picked at that point as that'd just give me away. While I did say that she could be the sort of person an alpha would pick, the fact she was relatively new and unproven meant that it would be a high autolynch risk as you said yourself.
    In fact, up until you decided to target her, I had believed that she was the only one that you havn't yet picked out as a rebel and I said as much in my last pm to the other rebels before you changed your points
    Upon rereading my logs for a moment, it seems that you are indeed correct. I must've mixed up some thoughts/conversations there. I believe I ultimately went after Ranna, hoping that she was indeed the rebel spy, because the less information the rebels would have, the more they'd be inclined to recruit me for the information I could offer them. In case I was wrong about all of you, there was still a good chance she'd be a rebel, because she could technically be with anyone (unlike some people whom I was sure about weren't in league with eachother -- at least not at certain points in time).

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward
    You had already switched to pointing at me by then actually. I'm curious as to why you thought what I said about evnafets is interesting. All I said was that the list he posted to come up with who the emperor was made sense when you look at the other votes after which I even told you to lynch evnafets if you want to as I was just trying to save my own skin.
    To be honest, I put you on a bluff. Suggesting to lynch evnafets and easyname and drawing attention to Ranna being a likely rebel seems to fit that profile perfectly, although not everything was 100% clear to me at the time. What interested me was that you specifically suggested killing evnafets even after you gave the precise reasons as to why that wouldn't make sense (as he was trying to save the Emperor).
    I was also assuming that if evnafets was a rebel indeed, he'd probably see how accepting death and not speaking up about Szilard would only further the rebel cause. When he didn't do so, I knew I was either dead wrong about him being a rebel, or that I had precisely picked out one of the main rebel power roles - one they didn't want to lose at any cost.

I probably should've just taken a gamble with Zar Peter and worked out some sort of plan with him beforehand. I don't expect he would've ever admitted to being a rebel though.

In this respect, I don't know if making a Heir recruitment unrefusable is a good idea. Half the fun in this game was whether I'd be given the chance to betray anyone, and if so, who.
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2008-03-26 at 06:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy