(corollary to the following question: "What if Shadowcaller were paranoid?")

Roles:
SC: paranoid
Ear: insane/normal/naive*
Yspoch: insane/normal/mafia
easyname: insane/normal/mafia/naive
Freshmeat: insane/normal/mafia

*: Earpain is innocent. Him being mafia doesn't seem to make sense. Then Yspoch would either be normal or insane. If he were normal, then easyname would already be mafia, so that doesn't work. If Yspoch were insane, then easyname would be the cop. But then either I or Shadowcaller would need to be naive, and we both got a mafia result. So Earpain is innocent no matter what.

Also: either easyname or Earpain is naive.
1. Let's see what happens if SC is paranoid and Ear is naive:

The mafia, insane cop and normal cop role would have to be distributed among myself, Yspoch and easyname.

Possibilities:
  • Yspoch is mafia, easyname is insane and I'm normal: impossible because easyname wouldn't have scried Yspoch as insane
  • Yspoch is mafia, easyname is normal and I'm insane: impossible because I wouldn't have scried Yspoch as mafia
  • easyname is mafia, Yspoch is insane and I'm normal: impossible because I wouldn't have scried Yspoch as mafia
  • I'm mafia, Yspoch is normal and easyname is insane: impossible because easyname wouldn't have scried Yspoch as insane nor would Yspoch have scried easyname as mafia
  • I'm mafia, Yspoch is insane and easyname is normal: possibility 1
  • easyname is mafia, Yspoch is normal and I'm insane: possibility 2

2. And if SC is paranoid and easyname is naive:

The mafia, insane cop and normal cop role would have to be distributed among myself, Yspoch and Ear:

• I'm insane, Yspoch is mafia and Ear is normal: impossible because I wouldn't have scried Yspoch as mafia
  • I'm insane, Yspoch is normal and Ear is mafia: impossible because Yspoch wouldn't have scried easyname as mafia then
  • Yspoch is insane, I'm mafia and Ear is normal: impossible because Yspoch wouldn't have scried easyname as mafia
  • Yspoch is insane, Ear is mafia and I'm normal: impossible because Yspoch wouldn't have scried easyname as mafia
  • Ear is insane, I'm mafia and Yspoch is normal: impossible because Yspoch wouldn't have scried easyname as mafia
  • Ear is insane, Yspoch is mafia and I'm normal: possibility 3

Therefore:
If SC is paranoid:

- Ear is naive, I'm mafia, Yspoch is insane and easyname is normal: possibility 1
- Ear is naive, easyname is mafia, Yspoch is normal and I'm insane: possibility 2
- Easy is naive, Yspoch is mafia, Ear is insane, and I'm normal: possibility 3

So:
I suggest we all scry painintheear tonight.

• If Yspoch gets killed as insane: easyname will be the cop and will be able to tell us the role of Ear. We then have two confirmed good guys and win.
  • If Yspoch gets killed as normal: easyname is mafia and we win.
  • If easyname gets killed as normal: Yspoch is mafia and we win.
  • If easyname gets killed as naive: Yspoch is mafia and we win (only the insane cop, the normal cop and mafia remain -- and neither of the two cops could get a 'mafia' result when scrying the naive easyname).
  • If I get killed as insane: Yspoch is the cop, easyname is mafia and we win.
  • If I get killed as normal: Yspoch is mafia and we win.
  • If Ear gets killed as normal: Yspoch is mafia and we win (easyname would be the naive cop and the insane cop wouldn't have scried the naive cop as mafia).
  • If Ear gets killed as insane: Yspoch is mafia and we win (easyname would be the naive cop and the insane cop wouldn't have scried the naive cop as mafia).
  • If Ear gets killed as naive: Because we'd all have scried him, we'd know who we are and could then easily determine who's who.

Possible role distributions in this eventuality (striked-through = impossible):

• Yspoch is mafia, I'm normal and easyname is insane
    • I'm mafia, Yspoch is insane and easyname is normal.
    • easyname is mafia, Yspoch is normal and I'm insane
    • Yspoch is mafia, I'm insane and easyname is normal
    • easyname is mafia, Yspoch is insane and I'm normal
    • I'm mafia, Yspoch is normal and easyname is insane

In these eventualities, Yspoch can't be mafia. If I were insane, then easyname would be normal. But I wouldn't have scried Yspoch as mafia then. The same holds true for easyname if he were insane.

At this point, we only need to look at what result each of us got after scrying Ear and we'll find out the truth in no time.

Any one of you see a flaw in this plan?