Quote Originally Posted by Yspoch
All of your very suspicious behaviour leads me to believe that indeed you are the mafia member in this game.
From my perspective, it's really easy:
  • I know I'm not the mafia
  • I can't be naive
  • I can't be paranoid
  • If I were insane, then my scry of painintheear being naive would mean that he was paranoid (which is impossible). Besides, if I were insane, and if you and easyname supposedly both scry eachother as insane, then one of you would already have to be insane, since one of you would have to be the cop. So I can't be insane either.
  • As a result of the above, I know I am the normal cop.

If I were mafia, why detail an entire plan that would win us the game? Why go to such lengths to lynch someone if it'd only be to my disadvantage? I think my case is a lot stronger than yours here.

I fail to see where your claim at my alleged 'suspicious behaviour' is coming from. It's quite interesting actually, because I recall you being online earlier today, yet not voting to lynch SC...
Had SC not died, where would we be now? Nowhere. We'd have learned absolutely nothing. If I could easily fake being offline until Demonking would update the day actions, why get involved and shoot myself in the foot? It wouldn't make any sense at all.

That's odd... I didn't know we were allowed to scry in the night. Shouldn't someone have been killed?

So, is there some special knowledge that you have, that you just go on to day 2?
You played in Dethy I. You know cops can scry at night.
Also, I now have worked out the only eventuality I was still worried about: why did easyname (insane) scry you (mafia) as insane, rather than as a cop?
The answer can be found in the Dethy I thread as well.
The insane cop scries mafia as insane.

This confirms that I am the cop, painintheear is naive, easyname is insane and you are mafia.

So:
If easyname scries me tonight, he'll get the mafia result (this is the most reliable course of action at this point, since neither of us are questioning easyname being the insane cop, now are we?)
If easyname scries painintheear tonight, he'll get the paranoid cop result.
Both are facts.

If painintheear scries anyone, he'll get an innocent result.
That's also a fact.

You sent me (and maybe everyone else?) a PM, claiming
a) to have already received a scry-result from Emperor Demonking while I had not and
b) that we should not post openly.

It wasn't the most trustbuilding pm I ever received to be honest.
It wasn't meant to be trustbuilding. That's a fool's game.

I only needed you to make a mistake, and you did.
This game is over the moment easyname sees this thread and scries me.

I'll tell you a secret Freshmeat: I lied too you.
Yes, I scried Shadowcaller, but I did not get "mafia" back. I got back "insane cop".
How awfully convenient.
Let's see... if you supposedly knew this information all along, how come you didn't kill easyname right away after he claimed to have scried you as the insane cop? Simple. You didn't scry anyone at all.

The truth is, Yspoch, it doesn't matter.
At this point, if the mafia kills anyone, everything will fall into place and we'll see who's telling the truth and who isn't.

And if the mafia doesn't kill anyone, we simply don't lynch anyone either and just scry people until everyone is convinced of his own and eachother's roles.