Minya

Quote Originally Posted by Irrealist View Post
After a walk of a little more than a half-hour from Suzail, you arrive at the main gate of the university, where you are greeted by a guard wearing a chain shirt and carrying a longsword and a truncheon at his belt. After verifying that your name is on his list, he gives you directions to dorm I.
Minya arrived at the gate red-faced and puffing. She stubbornly ignored Atan's offers to help carry her things as she strode forward. She was angry. Angry that his legs were longer and she could never keep up. Angry that his back was stronger and she could barely carry her own bags. Angry that she had been ripped away from Waterdeep to attend this teeny tiny unimportant brand new never even heard of before upstart school in the wilderness. She was also tired, hungry, and sweaty, and it was barely after breakfast. This day was going just as badly as she expected and it was All His Fault, As Usual. Part of her wanted to walk as slowly as elvishly possible, just to annoy Atan, but part of her wanted to outrun him and make him struggle to catch up, as impossible a dream as that was.

Minya mopped her face gently with a lace handkerchief, and then smiled her thanks to the guard for his directions. Hoisting her bag back up with a snarl for her brother, she marched up towards the dorm. She stopped dead when the fountain came into view, ignoring the muffled curse from behind her as Atan avoided running her over. With loud thumps, her bags dropped unnoticed to the ground and she stared at the architecture. "How did they build that?, she muttered in Draconic, forgetting that she wasn't speaking to her brother. "Perhaps this place won't be such a total waste of my time after all..." Taking a deep breath for energy, she picked up her bags again and continued towards the dorm, moving much slower as she looked about at the sights.

You spot a door, walk towards it, and are greeted by a young man in blue robes and bright blue eyes. You walk down a hallway to a rather large common room featuring four tables with chairs and another small table surrounded by comfortable-looking sofas while he introduces himself.

"Hello and welcome to the Suzail University of Magic. I am Gorlon, one of the lab assistants. May I ask your name?"
Minya looked happily around the room, her eyes picking out a corner of one of the sofas which appeared perfect for nestling into with a good book. This room had promise. Realizing that her brother had finally stopped nattering on about archery ranges, she smiled at Gorlon and said, "My name is Minya Istaya."

[Gorlon] looks a little uncertain. "Do you two want to room together? The floors are mixed, but mixed rooms are ... unusual?"
"No, thank you," Minya said stiffly, ignoring her brother. "I would be happy to share a room, but not with Atan. My parents have not imposed that burden upon me."

"Do you have any questions? "
"This dorm is very nice, Gorlon. Where does the senior student live? Are you he, or will someone else be in charge of the building? Or will there be someone from the faculty living here? Also, what are the rules on library use?"

Quote Originally Posted by Trulhammaren View Post
"Now now Gorgon, no need to get your feathers in a bundle I'll keep an eye on this whippersnapper, let the lady have her space and all, wot." Smidge made his way closer to the trio of people, Yah got to keep us outdoors types all in one place yah know, else we might get lost in these here buildings totally unnatural space, makes no sense, wot. Directing his attention to the two other students Smidge introduces himself, "Name's Smidge, by the by."
Minya looked him up and down, and then turned back to Gorlon, "How secure is the building?" Waiting for his answer, she muttered to her brother, "The LEFT one, Atan."