Quote Originally Posted by Semidi View Post
I feel that causing unnecessary suffering for the sake for hedonistic pleasure (which seems like your philosophic world view) is immoral. Eating meat in modern society is unnecessary as it is easy to survive without it and be completely healthy (Note: referring to normal people here, someone may have some kind of freaky disorder). The meat industry, at least in the US, causes huge numbers of animals to suffer from the time they are born to the time they end up on your dinner plate. By not eating meat, one chooses to not support this unnecessary suffering. I accept the objection that organic, free range dead animal flesh might not be bad as these animals aren't treated inhumanely. I am a total vegetarian (and a sometimes vegan as I avoid some animal products) because I cannot make sure that these animals really aren't suffering.
Bla bla bla

I'll stop eating meat when it stops being the best food option available. Just because its not neccesarry doesn't mean its a bad choice. You might as well expect people to stop stepping on bugs, or killing each other. While I'm more then aware that you have the moral high ground and that I can't actually sway your opinion, I just want you to know that I have considered the options available.