View Single Post

Thread: The Fatal Syzygy

1. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Fatal Syzygy

Surprise Round

Vyk reaches out and touches the metal-clad man, and the electricity arcs from his fingertips and disappears past the guard's brown robes. He jolts slightly as Vimath grabs him, but he is strong enough to shrug off his advances. Uriel and Bala squeezes past the big man and the guard into the corridor outside. They see...
    Spoiler
    Show

... to the right of their cell's exit (relative to someone inside the cell), the hallway extends about 50' where smoke and rubble can be seen. The hallway makes a 90' turn in the direction away from the cell. A symmetrically, but not-exploded version, can be seen in the other direction. The walls and ceilings are just like those in the cell -- white and bright with light. The hallway is 20' wide. You can clearly hear the sound of swordplay, magic blasts and yelling coming from either side.

Layla draws back her arm, ready to strike.

Round 1
    Mostly ignoring the prisoners so far, he finally answers Vyk's question in a courageous voice: "Never!" He even laughs when the hobgoblin barely misses. His smug grin fades quickly, though, as Uriel ducks a rapier swipe and delivers a fantastic haymaker right in the kisser. The guard falls unconscious with a thud.

End of round - 300 XP for all

==========

Anyone walking out of the cell can read the spoiler above. Also -- sorry for missing Vimath in Round 1, but the rolls were favorable for Uriel, and I knew it would end combat, so I just went with it. My bad for not calling for it earlier.
    Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-09-24 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.