Implemented changes to spell list and distortion point mechanic. Also clarified whether metamagicked spells cost more to time shunt/have a bigger eddies of time effect (they do)

Didn't add ray of clumsiness, starvation, dehydration. Also cut permanency (there's almost nothing the TM can make permanent without houseruling), disintegrate, sphere of ultimate destruction. Moved dismissal and banishment to cleric levels, conveniently smoothed the spells known curve a bit. It's hard to get balance right concerning no. of spells known vs. the beguiler, but given that beguilers get a variety of save or lose and social manipulation spells it's probably OK to have a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
Thanks for reading. I was hungry for a DnD reading binge, and a helping make a decent Time Mage was more than enough excuse (some 3rd party stuff is...ugh). I'm flattered in turn that you have described it as "sheer awesomeness", mind if I sig it?
Sure, go ahead :)
Quote Originally Posted by Fizban
I somehow managed to forget Avoid Planar Effects (3rd) and Attune Form (5th), the main spells to let you survive on other planes. I like the other changes too, though I'd like to hear from the others about my spell list additions: I'm notoriously caster-friendly. I don't think it's reaching Batman with the debuffs, Batman traditionally relies on a wide range, including a lot of reflex and no save movement control, which this doesn't have. The no-saves here are just fatigue and -2 AC (I just noticed you left off Curse of Impending Blades, single [2nd], on purpose?)
Didn't add ray of clumsiness, starvation, dehydration. Also cut permanency (there's almost nothing the TM can make permanent without houseruling), disintegrate, sphere of ultimate destruction. Moved dismissal and banishment to cleric levels, conveniently smoothed the spells known curve a bit. It's hard to get balance right concerning no. of spells known vs. the beguiler, but given that beguilers get a variety of save or lose and social manipulation spells it's probably OK to have a few more.

Having a useless distortion point at 1st level makes me want to make feats powered by it. Going through bardic music feats from CAdv, Ironskin Chant and Chant of Fortitude seem like good knockoff candidates (minus the perform requirement). But neither of them are available at 1st level. Will have to think of something else.