WARNING

INCOMING RAMBLING

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
Ah, The Descent. Are you claustrophobic?

...you will be.
Now, I'm quite the coward. I've a very nervous disposition, I'm easily shocked and very easily scared. I've got a lot of phobias and a lot of genuine fears. I'm such a fraidy cat that Halloween is the worst day of the year for me, because the costumes freak me out badly. Watching just about any horror movie will keep me awake for a couple days.
So when The Descent came on TV I thought about it.
I had heard nothing but good things about The Descent. One of the best British horror movies ever apparantly. I've got quite an interest in horror in writing, since it allows me to channel some of my fears to page and as such I will watch the occasional movie to pick up new ideas and techniques. So I thought I would give it a watch.
As soon as things started to get creepy I realised I was not going to be able to watch it. But I wanted to find out just what was so good, so I decided I'd watch just bits of it and flick inbetween to keep myself calm.
Big mistake.
Because I flicked onto every scariest moment. So I missed out all the minor scares and all those moments to calm you in the film itself, and instead got all the pure horror parts.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night. Or the next. Or the next after that.