Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
Eh... Kinda rock. Woot for getting a good book to write your coursework on.

Maybe it's just me though, but all good books we've analysed in coursework and stuff end up being over-analysed and "becoming" a book we hate. Just my opinion though. >.>

And stupid firefox spellchecker. It's Analysed. Grr.
Annoying American(?) spellchecker.
But I choose to do it; and I only pick an extract of it to analyse; and this is the diachronic change coursework so it's how language has evolved over time. I chose it; I'll love it.
I won't be able to over - analyse the book at all. But do you just have bad teachers/ not really very good books to study?
Because, aside from Lord of the Flies and Of Mice and Men (horrifically dull or uninteresting books) I've foun that my enjoyment of the books and plays we've analysed increases.
Then again; literary geek here.
Course; it does depend on the books done.
I mean, the new AS E Lit students doing WJEC board could choose to cross - study Frankenstein, Dracula and The Picture of Dorian Gray. See; that's one course I'd love to do again. Though I don't know exactly what poetry they're doing, but if it's not Duffy (vile woman) or an antholgy (pointless things) I could enjoy it so easily.

I wouldn't be able to enjoy 1984 ever though. I've said this before, I'll say it again: it's one of the few books I've ever not manage to finish one I've started it.