Quote Originally Posted by The e-mail I sent.
I am e-mailing to enquire as to the exact circumstances surounding your apparent rejection of a substantial donation by GenCon2008. I have heard rumours that you turned down this donation besed on the fact that it was raised in part on the sales of Dungons and Dragons materials. Please tell me this is not so.

Over the years a lot of poorly informed and hateful people have blamed Dungeons and Dragons for a wide veriaty of societies ill and placed at its feet allegations of unholy or unwholesome practices, but I had thought that we had outgrown this era of petty sniping and rumour mongering. There is nothing less christian than to spread flase rumour or to persuce others for their lawful and harmless passtimes. Gary Gygax, that co-creator of the game, was a frequent donator to your cause during his life and, if the rumors are true, this is a slap in the face of him, his family and gamers world wide.

I have been an Anglican in the Church in Wales all of my life and am a member of several christian orginisations and am also an avid gamer. I have yet to find a single argument against gaming in general and D&D in particular that has ever been substantiated. I e-mail to ask you for yoru reasons and to hope that you have not fallen into the trap of blind hatred.
Quote Originally Posted by The reply came:
Dear Mr. Foweraker,

Christian Children’s Fund made the decision to decline the gift from Gen Con, LLC as the request presented to us gave the appearance that CCF (the organization) was an endorser or supporter of a gaming convention, which CCF was not. As many non-profit organizations, CCF is selective in its endorsements or support in order to maintain the integrity of its name and logo. We cannot lend our name to an event for which we have no involvement. This decision should in no way be interpreted as CCF holding an opinion on Mr. Gygax, gaming enthusiasts or the game Dungeons and Dragons.
So, that is their line on the matter.