i sent mine. by the way, hi to everyone who i havent seen in ages (masked llama, mostly)

they sent me the same generic response they sent you, evildmmk3. i dont think they are reading these anymore, simply sending out the same 'nice' reply. so, let us analyze that reply.

Christian Children’s Fund made the decision to decline the gift from Gen Con, LLC as the request presented to us gave the appearance that CCF (the organization) was an endorser or supporter of a gaming convention, which CCF was not. As many non-profit organizations, CCF is selective in its endorsements or support in order to maintain the integrity of its name and logo. We cannot lend our name to an event for which we have no involvement. This decision should in no way be interpreted as CCF holding an opinion on Mr. Gygax, gaming enthusiasts or the game Dungeons and Dragons.
sentence 1, translation: we did not want the money because it made it seem like we supported the people who gave us the money.

sentence 2, translation: like other groups, we choose who we want based upon what we value. (loosley translating integrity to mean something that, in your eyes, makes you look like something other people would trust).

sentence 3, translation: we cannot say we were a part of something when we were not there.

sentence 4, translation: this does not mean we don't like you or your game.

while they had the decency to say at the end that the dont hate us, there is still some... discrepancy is the word i am looking for, i believe. all letters should now be asking "what about gencon would lower your integrity?" to which the answer will probably be "because we were not supporting gencon at all" which should be replied in turn with "are you or representatives involved with every group that gives you money?" maybe the answer to that will be yes. ::shrug:: or maybe this wont change a thing. but take my translation and have fun.