First off, I'm not sure why there's any reason to go so gung-ho on the letter writing. Not getting the $17,000 is a perfectly fine consequence for passing it up, and I don't think that sending letter after letter is going to change anything. Besides, the money went to another charity anyway, so it's not like it went to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
As far as I've heard, no one has received a response other than the canned form letter/email. Not saying they haven't, but that's what I've heard to this point in time. Very disappointing.
How so? If I was a charity or organization and did something, and got a lot of angry e-mails about it, I wouldn't bother responding to each one individually and would just make one form e-mail and send it in response. I don't see anything wrong about it being a form e-mail. Feel free to complain about what the form e-mail says or what they do, but making a form e-mail is what I think would be smart to do in this case.

Also, let's not demonize the entire charity for what was probably a decision made by just a few people at the upper levels of it, especially given that it was Gary Gygax's favorite charity. I see a lot of people complaining at the charity. I don't think we should be laying the blame at the entire thing, when it's likely that only a few people in it actually made the decision.