1. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/locations for "Candy L

Thank you all for the great ideas so far.

Although my campaign fell apart due to a player (hence why I hadn't gotten back to this until now) I have printed everything so far and added it to my binder. Hopefully I will be able to work out most of the suggestions here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also made myself a cherry candy ooze/Ragnarok poring:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is my attempt at making the Devil Poring/Devil Candy Ooze which I mentioned earlier:

Spoiler
    Show

DEVIL CANDY
    The ooze before you is slightly larger then a cat. Roughly ovoid in shape, it possesses a deep translucent violet coloration and gives off a sharp, yet very pleasant, scent of plums. It has a proportionally sized pair of little bat wings, and a long forked tail, all colored a deep cherry red.

Candy Oozes can form simple faces if they choose. They alter their ooze structure, and darken certain areas to form two cute button-like eyes and an adorable little mouth. They can see through the eyes they form (although they retain the Blindsight ability), and can use their mouths to manipulate objects as any other creature could.

Devil Candy Oozes/Devil Porings are not as harmless as their candy ooze/poring relatives, for they have a small taint of evil within their cute little exteriors. These creatures are believed to have come into being when a rift opened between Candy Land and one of the evil aligned Outer Planes.

Although not outright cruel, Devil Oozes do enjoy playing pranks and tricks on those who visit the Elemental Plane of Candy, while some of the meaner ones enjoy louring said creatures into deadly traps or encounters with deadlier creatures of the plane.

Unlike most oozes, a devil ooze/devil poring is quite intelligent. Although they are too intelligent to be tamed like their dumber cousins, it is possible to take them as familiars, and it is not unheard of for one to bond with another creatures and accompany it on it's journeys. However, devil candies/devil porings still enjoy having their "fun" even when in the company of other creatures, so they usually end up being a handful for their caregivers. When taken as a familiar or following an individual who has sparked it's interest, they quite enjoy being petted, and can form close companionships.

A devil candy/devil poring speaks Glucose (the native language of the Elemental Plane of Candy), Abyssal, and Infernal.

COMBAT
    A devil candy will always retreat from battle if it feels it can't win. They’re surprisingly tough, sometimes able to ignore multiple blows before finally escaping. They can also use their tiny wings to fly away, or pounce from above on unsuspecting targets.

Acid (Ex): A devil candy’s acid bypasses hardness and damage reduction as if it were adamantine. Unlike it's cousins a devil candy's acid does affect inorganic materials, such as rock or metal, although it can suppress this at will as a free action without ever needing a concentration check under any conditions. A devil candy can cause its acid to become inert at will, dealing no damage to organic creatures.

Intelligent: A devil candy/devil poring loses the benefits of the Mindless trait common to oozes.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 14, initial damage sleep for 1 minute, secondary damage sleep for 1d3 hours. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus. This is treated as the devil poring's secondary natural weapon.

Smite Good (Su): Once per day the creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against a good foe.

Spell-Like Abilities:
    Darkness 3/day (CL 6, No Save), 1/day Desecrate (CL 6, No Save), 1/day Unholy blight (CL 6, Will partial, DC 17).

{table] |Devil Candy/Devil Poring
    |Small Outsider (Augmented Ooze)
    Hit Dice: |6d10 (5 HD/level +5 Con/level = 60hp)
    Initiative: |+2
    Speed: |20 ft (2 squares), climb 20 ft, fly 20ft (good maneuverability.
    Armor Class: |11 (+1 size, -1 Dex, +1 Nat), touch 11, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/ Grapple: |+4/ -7
    Attack: |Bite +5 (1d4+1 Plus 2d6 acid), or Slam +5 melee (1d4+1 plus 2d6 acid), or Tail Sting +5 melee (1d4+1 plus poison)
    Full Attack: |Bite +5 (1d4+1 Plus 2d6 acid), and Slam +3 melee (1d4+1 plus 2d6 acid), and Tail Sting +3 melee (1d4+1 plus poison)
    Space/ Reach: |5 ft./ 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: |Acid, Poison
    Special Qualities: | Blindsight 30 ft, Darkvision out to 60 feet, Immunity to poison, Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10, A half-fiend’s natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, Spell resistance 16.
    Saves: |Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2
    Abilities: |Str 12, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Skills: | Bluff +11, Craft: (Trapmaking) +11, Hide +14, Knowledge: (geography) +11, Listen +9, Move Silently +11, Search +9, Sense Motive +11, Slight of Hand (with tail) +11, Spot +9, Survival +9
    Feats: |Weapon Finesse (B), Multiattack, Improved Maneuverability.
    Environment: | Any Candy
    Organization: |Solitary, Pairs (2), Group (3-8)
    Challenge Rating: | 8???
    Treasure: |None
    Alignment: |Usually Neutral
    Advancement: |Advancement: 7-12 (Medium) and 13-18 (Large).
    [/table]

Notes on how I made it:
    • I took Danu's Cherry Candy Ooze and added 5 Ooze HD.
    • I made it small sized using the rules in the MM1.
    • I raised it's Int score to 12 to reflect it's intelligence. This took away the mindless traits.
    • Raised it's Cha to 14, because they are just so cute...
    • Upped it's acid damage on attacks based on the Black Pudding from the SRD because it was the closest Ooze I saw to the CR I am aiming for.
    • Gave it's tail the poison damage from the pseudodragon, since I wanted to bring focus to it's cool tail.
    • I then added the Half-Fiend template. I did not give it the claw attacks because it does not have hands. Instead I added the creatures acid damage to the bite attack the template gives it.
    • The Half-Fiend template gave it 99 skill points?!
    • I also added the alterations for the candy oozes in my setting which I posted earlier.

What do you guys think?

Can you guys please tell me if you think the CR is appropriate?
    Last edited by newbDM; 2009-02-12 at 08:58 AM.