1. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Emerald Legion-Mass Producing Ikea Tarrasques

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler View Post
    Anyone with Hellfire or corrupt flame can burn your army despite its fire immunity.
    I've switched to Crystalline troll, so that Fire damage is non-lethal rather than rely on Fire immunity that can be bypassed via hotter-than-normal-fire.

Anyone with Earthquake spells can kill a significant number of your troops due to their low reflex saves.
    They can all fly (large size + half dragon template).

Anyone with "Word" spells modified to ignore Spell Resistance can destroy your army due to its low HD.
    Won't Death effects immunity protect against PW:Kill? I'm still looking for suggestions on how to give these troops immunity to death effects (and polymorph).

Anyone with Graymantle can remove regeneration.
    Anyone with Vile damage can overcome regeneration.
    A high-level fighter with a Vile Lance or Cursed Weapon can kill your army.
    I'll have to look these up. Whats their source?

Also, thats assuming the high level fighter isn't dusted by the Mind flayer Cabal. They can use their voidmind minons senses and manifest their powers through their trolls from a safe distance.

Edit: Ninja'ed. To answer the above questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    One, there's no written way to succesfully breed an undead, so while everything else works as written, you're out of luck there. I'm not sure what benefit they're getting from that one though, care to explain it's use?
    Gheden provides the Dead Nerves quality granting immunity to nonlethal damage and death from massive damage. Without it, the Trolls can still enough non-lethal damage to be knocked out and than coup-de-graced. With it, all the damage that they take as non-lethal damage (via regeneration) is essentially ignored', so they can still function fully after being hit by, say, a million arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Two, the exceptions presented in the templates probably apply after those in the main entry, so for example the Gheden Crystalline Troll's vulnerability to holy water is more specific than a normal Crystalline Troll, so it would take damage from the holy water. So they do have at least one glaring vulnerability in holy water.
    Thats an interesting point. Doesn't regen convert that to non-lethal damage?
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2009-01-08 at 06:08 AM.