Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar
D&D Books:
<<snippage>>
- CAd or CA: Complete Arcane
Like the others, I've never seen CAd for Complete Arcane, though I have seen it used for Complete Adventurer. I've seen CA and CArc for Complete Arcane, though.

- A&E: Arms and Equipment
I've also seen A&EG and AEG for this book. Also also, the title of the book is Arms and Equipment Guide. ;)

Some books you're missing:

LM = Libris Mortis
PGtF = Player's Guide to Faerun
CotSQ = City of the Spider Queen
RttToEE = Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
MH or Mini = Miniatures Handbook

And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's still more.

D&D Versions
<<snippage>>
You missed OD&D, which refers to the White Book game that was originally released.

D&D Terms:
<<snippage>>

- BaB: Base Attack Bonus
I've honestly always seen this one with a capital A - BAB.

Two other terms I've seen often - on other boards if not here:

EL = Encounter Level
MAD = Multiple Attribute Dependency

Some others that may be painfully obvious, but that I've seen people ask about on other message boards:

d2 = 2 sided die; you can acquire this number multiple ways, including flipping a coin, rolling a die and doing odd/even, rolling a die and dividing by 2, etc

d3 = 2 sided die; you can acquire this multiple ways by rolling a d6; either 1-2 = 1, 3-4 = 2, 5-6 = 3; or 1 and 4 = 1, 2 and 5 = 2, 3 and 6 = 3; or probably a few other ways. You can by 3-sided dice in 2 varieties. One is a d6 with the numbers 1,2,3 on it twice each; the other is a 3-sided prism with rounded edges.

d% or d100 - percenatage dice; Roll 2 10 sided dice; one die represents the 10's digit, the other represents the ones digit. So, for example, rolling a 7 on the first die and a 3 on the second die equals 73. rolling two zeroes typically equals 100.

I'm sure there's more - I'll make new posts when I think of anything else....