1. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/locations for "Candy L

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Problems with your Devil Candy:

First: Hit Dice aren't d6 but d10 assuming that it uses the original hit dice of the ooze [which is exactly what the augmented subtype allows you to do]. 5.5x6 (33) +5.6(30) = 63 hit points.

Second: The attack line should still reflect secondary attacks as such even if they are the only attack made. This is why they usually aren't listed on that line.

Third: Weapon Finesse doesn't need to be a bonus feat. It should have 3 feats.

Fourth: It is "sleight of hand" not "slight of hand." Speaking of skills--Creatures with a Climb speed automatically have a +8 racial bonus to the Climb skill. Even without any ranks in Climb it has a +9 [+1 for Str].

Here is the revised table:

<snip>
    Debby

Thank you so much!

I messed up quite a bit there it seems, and yeah, my spelling leaves a lot to be desired. I appreciate you fixing that.

I might just have a game soon, and I might actually be finally able to put this all into use!

I am crossing my fingers and hoping.

In case anyone wants some of the other NPCs from the board game stated, here is another Archomental I have been working on:

Gloppy the Molasses Monster
    Para-Archomental (Neutral) (Divine Rank: 0)

Gloppy, as he is known to the residents of the elemental plane of candy, is a semi-sentient creature of immense power. He hails from the boundary between the elemental plane of candy and the elemental plane of water, a para-elemental plane of sweet syrup and melted sweet confections from the plane of candy known as the Para-Elemental Plane of Molasses.

Gloppy is a difficult entity to describe. He seems to assemble himself from the very semi-liquid substances of his plane, hence why it is also known by other titles such as Gloppy the Chocolate Monster. His preferred form is that of a runny messy glob of the delicious syrupy substance which inhabits his realm. From his central form two arms and crudely shaped hands occasionally sprout. Two creamy-white eyes usually adorn the top of his globular form, which stared into reveal as small trance of possible intelligence.

Gloppy cares little for the conflict between the Princes of Elemental Evil and Elemental Princes of Good. Instead the Princess of good and evil archomentals place it among the other unsided arcomentals [Bwimb: Prince of Ooze Creatures, Chlimbia: Prince of Magma Creatures, and Ehkahk: Prince of Smoke Creatures, although it is not certain whether Gloppy acknowledges this. Out of all the archomentals, Bwimb is the only one he regularly associates with, and the only one who could be considered his ally.

It is debated whether Gloppy can be classified an ooze, or anything at all for that matter. However, the candy oozes of the plane of candy seem to have an instinctual attraction and fondness for this creature, if that accounts for anything.

Portfolio: Candy, water.
    Domains: Candy, Ooze, Water.

Clergy:
    Gloppy posses no known clergy. Whether gloppy has any mortal, or even elemental followers is uncertain. However his quasi-divine power and domains have long since been documented, so at least at some point in the distant past there must have been at least a handful of elemental clerics patroned by it.

Quests:
    It is uncertain what quests this creature would ask of a follower, if any at all.

Rites:
    What rites clergy of a being like Gloppy would have is uncertain, and in fact has become somewhat of a joke among the other archomentals and the sentient residents of candyland.

Relationships:
    Being a truly neutral being Gloppy has never sided with either the Princes of Elemental Evil and Elemental Princes of Good. So far it has shown little interest in planer affairs, and does not even seem concerned about it's own para-elemental plane.

It is occasionally seen in the company of Bwimb, and sightings of both entities have been reported on each others' para-planes, as well as on the Elemental Plane of Water. Whether these beings are allies, or even truly communicate on some level, is uncertain.

Gloppy's Realm:
    Though his dominion over it is not official, or even apparently enforced by the creature, most consider the Para-Elemental Plane of Molasses to be Gloppy's realm.

This para-elemental plane lies in the border between the Elemental Plane of Candy and the Elemental Plane of Water. It resembles bottomless mucky swamp of gooey confections from the plane of candy which have either been water downed or melted by it's proximity to the plane of water. Depending on where you go the where you are the sticky substance beneath your feet can be of numerous substances, such as melted chocolate, molasses, gooey marshmallows, and many others. Sparsely scattered across the plane you can find hammocks of undissolved candy soil, usually with certain verities of deep-rooting plants from the Elemental Plane of Candy growing atop them.

This para-elemental plane is a prime habitat for candied oozes, as well as certain verities of other oozes. There have been reports of para-elementals existing here, but whether these stories is true is uncertain.

Herald and Allies:
    Gloppy has no known Herald. However, it is occasionally spotted in the company of a semi-sentient (Int 9) colossal Black Pudding (of 20HD) which follows it around, and seemingly obeys it's instructions.

Do you guys think Gloppy came out alright, and faithful to the original?

Oh, and can anyone please suggest how I should go about altering an elemental (I am thinking the Hard Candy Elemental on page 1) to a gooey Swamp Thing-like para-elemental?
    Last edited by newbDM; 2009-02-12 at 09:13 AM.