View Single Post

Thread: What is YOUR Zanpaktou?

1. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What is YOUR Zanpaktou?

OK, I think I managed to come up with something.

Zanpaktuo: Tatakikowatta Kumo, Shattered Cloud
    Shape: A standard-sized katana, notable for the guard, grip, and sheath all being perfectly black.

Shikai:
    Shikai command: "Sora wo Kiriwase", "Cleave the skies in two"
    The sword morphs into a rapier. The blade controls air currents around itself, effectively extending the length of the cutting edge by several hands past the visible end of the blade, making it a useful weapon for thrusting. On command, the sword can produce a cone-shaped whirlwind surrounding the blade and tapering to a point, in roughly the shape of a lance, though the size can vary depending on how much spirit energy the wielder feeds into the blade. The wind can be used to draw foes in, push them away, or cut anything that hits the wall of wind.

Bankai: Ikimaku Tatakikowatta Kumo, Storming Shattered Cloud
    The blade from the Shikai reverts to the shape of a katana, though a long, thin one with an abnormally sharp edge. The guard vanishes completely. The blade then replicates itself several times, producing eight blades that float under their own power, surrounding the wielder. The blades are guided by a combination of the Shinigami's will and the sword's own personality. This form confers a large increase in Kido ability to the shinigami, as well as a heightened form of wind control, allowing him to effortlessly produce whirlwinds, slicing air currents, and the like, while simultaneously attacking with his eight swords.

The spirit usually manifests as a single eye and the surrounding area of the face, made out of a whisp of some cloudy substance. The eye speaks without a mouth, and the voice comes as if from a long distance away. Despite this enigmatic form, he can actually be quite talkative when he gets going, sometimes annoying the shinigami with odd musings and ramblings.
    This only hints at the full form of the spirit, which is usually divided and spread about the mindscape. During Bankai training, it manifests fully, as a tall, slightly built man seemingly made out of cloudstuff, often carrying... himself. His manifestation changes depending on the shinigami's mood. When the shinigami is calm, he is a clear white, when troubled, a stormy grey; and when angry, stormcloud black, with lighting running through.

So, what do you think? I wonder if it's not strong enough...

Hey Collin, you mentioned that you could help people with the japanese names and such. Do you think you could translate my names and commands? And if you have any better ideas for names (ones that flow better), I'm willing to hear them.
    Last edited by Enlong; 2009-03-20 at 11:46 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.