Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
Kreistor:[/B]In case you forgot, Charlie made deals with Hamster behind the Coalition's view. Doing business with the guy you're being hired to destroy it's conspiracy as far as I remember.
Charlie is a true businessman/lawyer... he knows the rules well enough to know how to find loopholes around them without ever breaking them, and he knows how to exploit his position without doing anything wrong in a legal sense

Charlie is a merc, he can set whatever prices he see's fit... while he is under contract he will not break that contract and will abide by it to it's full extent... however if the contract is ever canceled he is then free to do whatever the hell he wants including jacking up his prices to fit the changing circumstances, or making deals with opposing sides... it's all within the rules

in otherwords, so long as you have him under contract and KEEP him under contract, then he will fight as hard as for what you payed for... and it would also help to hire a very shrewed lawyer

Followed by not moving a finger when Charlie walks to his Bog-rolled doom. Yep, a really trustworthy guy.
This however assumes they were actually capable of helping ansom in such a position... had Ansom payed for the magical security though, they would have warned him about the veil; as they pointed out

Charlie is the strongest thinkmancer in the whole Efworld as far as we know, and he seems to live in some hidden fortress in a really inacessible place. He can mess with people a lot whitout fear of repercussion, because nobody knows where he lives, so he can't be ganked. And even if they knew, good luck defeating the mary sure archon airforce wich can pretty much do anything, including attacking your capital city and razing it down before you can cry for help. You don't want to make Charlike angry no matter what.
first, from what i recall i don't think it's ever been said that no one knows where charlie lives...

Second, just take a look at how many archons charlie need to to take GK's Garrison... But we must consider that Gk had basically no air force and had used most of their air defenses, which i think means mainly only long range units can attack the archons; afterall they attack from the air from long range and as such don't come near the melee units... and finally those were the number of archons needed to take the garrison BEFORE Parson uncroaked over 2,000 additional troops... Parson made have had those archons outnumbered, but very few of his troops could be considered as powerful, and very few could fight them; this is part of why the dwagons were such a huge loss for him as they are some of the few units that could measure up to the archons AND fight them