View Single Post

Thread: [3.5e] Newbie looking to play with magic

1. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5e] Newbie looking to play with magic

BoED, MIC, PHB2, and Complete Warrior are all not available. The general requirement for non-Core stuff so far has been "can you find it online somewhere free?" - hence Rapid Metamagic, Reactive Counterspelling, and Arcane Thesis, all of which exist on WotC's site in some form (primarily little tables). Seeker's Chant came from CrystalKeep's spell lists. Chain Spell I can only find in forum posts, which means I might have trouble using it, but Feats are generally pretty simple so it might not be a problem.

Spellsword's not in WotC's excerpt from Complete Warrior, which means that's not going to happen; classes are too complicated to attempt to use without the full details. Twilight doesn't appear in the PHB2 excerpt, and neither the Magic Item Compendium nor the Book of Exalted Deeds (I did get the right books for your abbreviations, right?) have any excerpts on the site, plus the availability of it would be up to the DM even if we were using those books. I could ask, but I'd somewhat doubt it.

Further, Mithral, which is in the SRD, only reduces ASF by 10%. Chain Shirts have 20% ASF; I'm not really interested even in a 10% ASF. Still, it's an interesting option I wasn't aware of before. Now I'm considering a Light Mithral Shield or Mithral Buckler at some point... But the +1,000 gold is a bit beyond my means at this point. *shrug* But since I can get a shield and not an armor, Mage Armor looks even better now. Yes?
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2009-04-18 at 06:28 PM.