View Single Post

Thread: [3.5e] Newbie looking to play with magic

1. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5e] Newbie looking to play with magic

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    I would get Empower Spell as your 3rd level feat. It won't be useful for you until at level 6 (when you can Empower RoEnfeeblement), and from 8 on you can Empower Scorching Ray for a bit o' fiery death on command.

Up to you though.
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmful View Post
    Unfortunately Extend is a prereq for Persist, it's also not a bad choice for third level feat since you can use your second level slots to extend things like mage armour to all day sooner than you get the free cash to splash on a rod of lesser extend and long term buffs at level four without extend tend to crap out half way through the day.
    Ah, so many choices! My current feeling is that "sort of" like Persist, and I "sort of" like Extend, but... not an awful lot. Empower/Chain/Repeat seems better than Extend/Persist/something, in general. I'm not a huge fan of getting Empower so early, though, either. Drr.

But then Extend/Repeat/Persist seems good because I can hold things for so long and then make with the Repeating. Ah!

Well, it will be a long time before I get the third Metamagic. Mostly, it seems to come down to Persist vs. Chain for me...

But then I still kind of like Silent. Boo. Impossible to know if it's something I'm going to need often or never...

Quote Originally Posted by Seffbasilisk View Post
    Take the Planning Domain and you get Extend Spell for free.
    Uh... how exactly am I taking any Domain as a Sorcerer?
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2009-04-19 at 04:51 PM.