That's... interesting. I assumed I wanted them for the versatility; the Focus in Illusion and high Cha, I was thinking, would mean that I could get past the Will saves most of the time... as for SR, really? I didn't realize that. Oh, I see... Does that mean SR comes into play twice for spells that allow it? Once for Shadow Conj/Evoc, and again for the spell? Ouch...

But the really interesting thing is... I'm not sure I want any of those spells terribly much. Scorching Ray seems likely to do me for blasting until Disintegrate, and then I get Finger of Death... Forcecage and Grasping Hand look solid-ish but not amazing. Contingency I could simply get for real... Cloudkill and Acid Fog might have been somewhat useful but Solid Fog should do. Hmm. Though, getting Contingency when I could get Greater Shadow Evocation that would allow me to do so much more seems... desirable... I'd get Contingency earlier, but not massively... unless I got it with my first or second 5th spell, which I don't really want to do...

I'm not even sure I'd know what to do with Contingency if I had it, anyway...