Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
Yeah, I think the Ray of Enfeeblement was what made the party so "lucky" vs. the Hydra (because the hydra probably needed to be rolling around 18-20 to hit anything at that point). I guess it goes to show why debuffs are awesome against single tough guys.
Indeed - none of the party's I've ever DMed through RHoD have ever done any debuffing, and the Hydra has been among the toughest encounters in the first couple of chapters of the module. It took some handwaving to keep it from being a TPK at least once, though most recently it wasn't so bad what with the Improved Sundering Wizard/Fighter PC.

I'm liking the recap so far, even if I'm not as familiar with Eberron as others. One thing I might have done differently would be having Uth-Lar give out less information during the interrogation. I mean, yeah he rolled pretty badly, but he's supposed to be an elite Red Hand trooper, right? I would think he'd be even more resistant to intimidation/torture than anyone else. (And speaking of, your party seem to be really good at the torture, intimidation, and execution thing - I think it'll be interesting if any of them get captured later and have to beg for mercy from any Red Hand "interrogators." )