Satoshi stepped up to the podium. He paused, collecting his emotions before he spoke.

"We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. But it should be noted that while this death takes place in the shadow of looming war, we still live in a free world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his dedication at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human. The most...passionate. The most...dedicated. I feel nothing but honest pride at having served with Kayzumai Yen. Let us remember not his death, but his life."

With that, Satoshi steps down from the podium. Walking over to the bowl, he pulled out an old, battered red scarf. Not the one Yen was wearing when he died, but one of his "spares". Solemnly, Satoshi folded it before placing it in the bowl. On top of this, he placed a spare version of Yen's Vice-Captain badge. He then took a sake dish, filled it, and drank a silent toast.

Those who are observant would note that Satoshi now wore a black scarf around his own neck, similar to Yens, albeit not wrapped around his mouth.