1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

tongue The "Badass" Universal Substitution Level

The Badass

Requirements:
    At least one class level.
    A player can only retroactively apply this universal substitution class level to their character if the GM, and every other player with a character in-game, unanimously agree that the character has proven themselves to be a true badass. (Substitution levels can be taken away by the GM if the character begins to act in a manner that they feel is no longer worthy of a badass and/or the class level(s) is(/are) proving disruptive to the game.)

Special: This substitution level can be applied multiple times, so long as the requirements are met each time.

Badass:
    Hit Die: d12
    Skill Points: (10 + Int modifier)
    Class Skills: All skills are class skills for a Badass.

Badass
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
    X
    |
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Business as Usual, A Crowning Moment of Awesome[/table]
    (The chart shows that the class has all good save progressions as opposed to a +2 per Badass level, which would be insane. )

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Badass gains proficiency with all weapon and armor types, including improvised items.

Class Features

Business as Usual: When a Badass substitution level is applied to a class level, it is still treated as a level in the original class for the purpose of advancing all class features.

A Crowning Moment of Awesome: A Badass gains a bonus Badass feat as well as access to a CMA pool with a maximum limit equal to the number of Badass levels he has. This pool starts at zero, with points earned every time the Badass gets a natural 1 on a d20 roll. A CMA point can be expended, as a free action, to treat all of the rolls made by the Badass as if they are their highest natural result. This effect ends at the beginning of his next turn. (A player may substitute their bonus Badass feat for any other feat they qualify for, with GM approval.)

Badass Feats

Badass Boast:
    Requirement: Total Badass
    When you expend a CMA point, you may choose to treat all rolls made by an enemy within close range (25+5/Badass level) feet as if they were all naturally 1 until the beginning of your next turn, rather than gaining the benefits of A Crowning Moment of Awesome yourself.
    "I don't care who I have to fight. If he tears off my arms, I'll kick him to death. If he rips off my legs, I'll bite him to death. If he cuts off my head, I'll stare him to death. And if he gouges out my eyes, then I'll curse him from beyond the grave!"

Badass Crewmember:
    Whenever an allied Badass earns a CMA point, you also earn one.
    (Each character may only earn one CMA point per roll.)
    "ASTINOS!!!"

Badass Determination:
    Requirement: Badass Recovery
    Whenever you use Badass Recovery to expend a CMA point earned from a saving throw, you gain temporary hit points equal to 12 x your Badass levels.
    "Come with me if you want to live."

Badass Normal:
    Badass Commoner levels grant a second bonus Badass feat, and an additional +1 to the maximum size of your CMA pool, on top of the typical benefits of the substitution level.
    "As you wish."

Badass Recovery:
    If you would earn a CMA point when your pool is already full, it is immediately expended instead of being discarded. This use negates the natural 1 and treats it as a natural 20.
    "Who the hell do you think I am!?"

Badass Speech:
    Requirement: Back to Back Badasses
    When you expend a CMA point, you may choose to grant the benefits of A Crowning moment of Awesome to an ally within close range (25+5/Badass level) feet, rather than yourself, until the beginning of your next turn.
    "Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in you who believes in me. Not in me who believes in you. You should believe... you should believe in yourself!"

Back to Back Badasses:
    When you expend a CMA point, an adjacent ally also gains the benefits of A Crowning Moment of Awesome until the beginning of their next turn.
    "We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."

Desperate Times Call for Badass Measures:
    Requirement: Badass Recovery
    If you would earn a CMA point when your pool is empty, you earn two points instead.
    "Fly, you fools!"

Eternal Badass:
    If hit point loss, or an effect, would kill you or reduce you to dying, you may choose to expend a CMA point and be put at 0 hit points instead.
    "Is that all you've got?"

Implacable Badass:
    Requirement: Badass Determination
    So long as you have temporary hit points granted by Badass Determination, you are treated as being under the effects of a Freedom of Movement spell whenever it is beneficial to do so. This is an extraordinary ability.
    "I'll be back."

Total Badass:
    When you expend a CMA point, treat all rolls made by an adjacent enemy as if they were all 1 until the beginning of your next turn.
    "Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Epic Badass

Rather than granting an additional epic attack bonus per epic level, epic badass levels continue to increase your base attack bonus and thus potentially increase your base number of iterative attacks. All other epic rules apply normally.
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2010-03-18 at 02:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.