1. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice, Trip to Baator

My first question for you, Neoclassic, is if you accomplished all those things, would you be satisfied, or would you just find more things to be unsatisfied with yourself about? What's your first, off-the-cuff, instinctive answer?

The reason I ask is that there are fundamental distinctions between legitimate desires for self-improvement, legitimate desires to please one's lover, and problematic issues where you believe you can never be good enough. And honestly, those distinctions get muddled easily and are almost impossible to determine from an across-the-internet perspective.

...It's easier in person. When the morbidly obese person and the supermodel each complain about their need to lose weight, an objective observer can generally figure that one of them has a point and the other has an altogether different problem.

In your particular case, my inclination is to say that you should believe your boyfriend when he tells you he likes you as you are. Because whose opinion of your sex appeal is more important than your significant other's?
    Last edited by Pyrian; 2009-08-14 at 02:07 PM.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal