View Single Post

Thread: Xenotheurgy: Far Realms magic system

1. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Xenotheurgy: Far Realms magic system

Keeping track of xenotheurgy
    Having just made a serious change to the system, things are a lot more streamlined than they've been in the past. Even so, I admit that between murmurs, breaches, and incursions, there are a lot of rules to keep track of. This doesn’t mean that using xenotheurgy needs to slow down the game, however. In fact, I designed it (and recently re-designed it) so that it is easy to keep track of things on the fly.

Xenotheurgy level (#)
    Highest Level of Breach Available (#)
    Days Without Incursion: (#)
    Warp Points: (#)
    (#) (Name of murmur 1)
    (1st-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (1st-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (2nd-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (2nd-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (3rd-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (3rd-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (4th-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (4th-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (5th-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (5th-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (6th-level breach granted by murmur 1)
    (6th-level breath granted by murmur 1)
    (incursion granted by murmur 1)
    (Repeat for each murmur after the first)
    (List of Disturbances)

Formulas:
    Breach Save DC: 12 + Breach Level + the level of the murmur granting the breach.
    Lack of Incursion Save: 15 + highest murmur level among all active murmurs + days without incursion.

That should summarize everything but let me expand upon it to make everything crystal clear and to make sure that you have written up everything properly. Thus, below are written the 10 simple steps to this system.

1. Next to xenotheurgy level, replace the (#) with the sum of all hit dice you possess, including racial hit dice.
    2. Next to highest level of breach accessible, replace (#) with 1/3 of your xenotheurgy level, rounded up.
    3. Next to days without incursion, replace (#) with the appropriate number, resetting it to 0 whenever an Incursion is used for any reason.
    4. Next to warp points, replace (#) with the number of warp points you possess. You lose all warp points after recieiving a full ten hours or sleep (or relaxation if sleep is not needed for your race).
    5. Write the name of your murmur and next to it replace (#) with its level (which may often change).
    6. Under the name, write the a list of all breaches granted by that murmur and their breach levels for convenience. Include breaches that you cannot access.
    7. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each breach you have access to.
    8. write a list of disturbances when prompted. While a disturbance is suppressed, put a checkmark next to it. You take a penalty to will saves equal to the number of such checkmarks.
    9. Circle your active murmurs to mark them as being such. When switching active murmurs, erase the circle and make a new one.
    10. Each day, reduce the (#) next to the name of a murmur by 1 if you wish.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-11-17 at 10:20 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature