View Single Post

Thread: Duos Animus Unis [3.5 Base Class]

1. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Duos Animus Unis [3.5 Base Class]

Quote Originally Posted by cog_n_taz View Post
    First of all, thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you like the class.

Secondly, in principle, I know exactly what you mean. I'm not entirely sure I agree on power, mind. You're still restricted by your number of actions, and remember, these manifestations are almost all instead of the full attack you could be making. Winter's Flight and so on hit hard because of that. Plus, damage is most of what an elemental Spiritbound does.

Third? I'm with you. I wish the class had more features, as dead levels really bug me. However, I'm completely out of ideas. I'll be honest, I don't like the class as it stands. At all. That said, I don't know how to add to it.
    ...Once again. Action economy. A full attack doesn't do 60+ damage unless you're well above level 10. We're talking about killing 2 CR 5 creatures in one round with a 5th level character. That's OP by anyone's standards, I'm sorry. It's not just that, it's, well... 10d6 damage with a move action. Eesh.
    For ideas... well, it sounds crappy, but I advise picking up the spell compendium, start at page one and keep going until you find a bunch of cool spells that could be adapted as manifestations/aspects. Noone will ever know, unless they read this.
    (Alternately, try that with ToB for more passive stuff.)
    As for the dead levels... as I said, maybe get some special aspects/manifestations? Or, rather than special, generic: for example, a second level generic aspect might be fly 60' good maneuverability for 1 spirit point/round. Or charm person, or blindsense, or teleporting, or anything else like that that could apply to any of the forms.
    Also, I like the idea of having an elemental, but only being able to do damage is kindof boring. What about things like burrowing, summoning winds, meld into stone, etc?
    In the end, I can see this as becoming a kindof spontaneous, refluffed ToB character, but it'll need a lot more aspects and manifestations.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2009-10-20 at 11:20 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classic Cthulhu by RTGoodman

Critical Failures by Strawberries & Captain Happy, respectively.

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.