View Single Post

Thread: Virtuoso of the Sword (3.5 Prc) PEACH

1. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Virtuoso of the Sword (3.5 Prc) PEACH

Allegro - How much is this dodge bonus?
    Allegro (Su): At 3rd level, a virtuoso of the sword with at least 12 ranks in Perform (Sing) can use her inspire courage ability to grant a dodge bonus to AC in addition to the attack bonus.
    Allegro should be "At 3rd level, a virtuoso of the sword with at least 12 ranks in Perform (sing) can use [her] inspire courage ability to grant a dodge bonus to AC in addition to and the same as the attack bonus."

Knowledge of the Sword - In a level 11 party, the only one with that type of sword is either a VotS, a Rogue, or maybe a Swordsage. Nobody who isn't naturally proficient with a sword uses them.
    The VotS could carry a bunch of swords. That was my suggestion. Once they've used up their capstone ability, they can just throw around the swords to casters and to the others who want to use the weapons. Clerics would get some use out of that. Anyways, who's to say a person playing a fighter doesn't want them using a rapier?

Sundering Song - DR/Adamantine is construct only, right? It would be marginally useful, but this is a level 15 ability. If you needed this, you would have bought an adamantine weapon by now. Heck, even monks get to bypass construct DR the very next level.
    You missed the hardness part. Adamantine bypasses hardness of less than 20...which I'm pretty sure is everything but adamantine itself. Not particularly powerful, because not many builds use sundering, but it's something.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2009-11-25 at 11:06 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).