Quote Originally Posted by Latronis
I don't think mass heal should be available before level 9.
I tried to stick to core and couldn't really find anything appropriate. Alternatives in core might be Clone, though that's a little... icky. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Latronis
I don't really agree with Gentle Repose either but i can buy it i guess.
My logic was that level 1 parties don't really have any way to deal with party deaths. Gentle repose at least allows you to preserve a party-member's corpse so that they can be ressurected later. While I know it's not ideal, mechanically (costs a bomb, -2 con), it is at least appropriate for RP reasons (giving them a proper burial) and has some utlity in storing food.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin
Other healing spells that aren't cure X wounds may also be options, such as healing spirit(PHB2), or Darts of Life(Complete Champion). I actually find revivify to be a kind of weird option.
I'm not actually very familiar with the spell compendium, despite owning a copy. I usually use it to occasionally suppliment the core spells, but I'll have a look at those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin
I do like the flavor of using d10s instead of d8s to heal with, but I don't think that's actually too much of an effect. Perhaps have it grant you the complete divine's augment healing feat? Or maybe even just grant you the same effect.
Using d10s instead of d8s has exactly the same effect as the Healing Domain's +1 caster level, except it doesn't stop working when you reach the cure spells' (+caster level, max X). It means that on average a level 5 cleric with the healing domain will do an extra 1 point of healing with cure light wounds than a level 5 cleirc without the healing domain, rather than exactly the same, as current.

From what I remember, the Augment Healing feat is the one in which extra effects are added, based on your domains? What was the bonus from the healing domain? I don't have complete divine on me at the moment.