In Shamus Young's recent post there was an interesting conversation about Rorschach, and many people claiming they dislike him vs. some liking him. And one element that come often in favour of Rorschach is that "He never compromise his principles".

Here is the post I just made in the comments, and I thought about opening up the discussion here.

I dislike Rorschach, but for a single reason: he likes the Comedian.

I don’t understand why people say that Rorschach never compromises, he DID. Rorschach has no problem about the Comedian because “he serves his country”. Yhea, a attempt-rapist, murderer, child/mother killer, is okay because he does the governement’s dirty work?

So, when you take that into consideration, the whole character collapse: No. Sorry. Rorschach is an hypocrit ******* that arbitrary decide who’s right and wrong. He beats innocent people just to get intel (I don’t care what neighbourhood you hang around, just being in a bar doesn’t warrant being attacked by Rorschach to give him a tip).

Hell, how many innocent bones did Rorschach broke just to get the Pyramid tip?

Ozymandia was my favourite character. He clearly had problem about what he was going to do, but.. he had to do it. He was afraid for humankin. He wants to have people to be healthier, richer, more propesrous. In peace. He kills only when he HAS to, and even then, he is fill with doubt and remorse afterwhile.

Did Rorschach even shown a pinge of remorse, or the slightest possibility that he might be wrong about his suspects?
Now, you may or may not agree about my interpretation of Ozymandia. Fair ennough, but this is isn't about Ozzy. It's about Rorschach.

What do you think?