View Single Post

Thread: Strudels Homebrew Weaponry 3.5 [PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Strudels Homebrew Weaponry 3.5 [PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Mikka View Post
    Sorry but really, you can't compare it to the damage of hand and a half sword cutting through you.

Like you said, slings were lethal, how much damage do slings do. . thats riiight 1d4. . . or a sharp dagger. . 1d4. . a piercing thrown : 1d4. . a blunt thrown. . 1d4. . . a slashing disk. . 1d10!!!. . no, no : p 1d4.

If this was a ranged ONLY thing, giving it a d10 damage would be fair, but it isn't.

I like the advantage of it, you can stand and fire off throwing disks with the blade until the enemy closes in melee, a single attack, after which you can retaliate with a full-round attack.

Making it competitive with bows and crossbows just doesn't make sense, if you want ranged power get a greatbow or something like that. .

but if you want a super hybrid this is it.

A strong level one character would deal 1d4+3-4 already better than any regular crossbow or bow.

And it only gets better the higher level you get.

Edit: Ohh and the disks should weigh 1-2 lb. per stack of 5 and not 2 apiece.

NICE ARGUMENT! I BET IF IT DID 1d10 DAMAGE IT WOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE RIGHT!?!?! AND NO OTHER WEAPONS CAN BE DISINTEGRATED!!! YOU SO COOL!

. . .

Ohh **** the necromancer is beginning to chant but is blocked off by a horde of undead.. woo! Schiiing schiing schiiing a few blades cut through the air and decapitate the poor bastard who had been expecting another melee fool. . or something like that.
    You're the one who said this. Necromancers beat fighters with spells. Fell drain magic missile? Enervation? Win.

Just saying. Not really an argument against the weapon so much as against...your argument for the weapon.

I do agree on the damage though. 1d10 is pretty high for a "thrown" weapon.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-01-23 at 09:25 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).