Thanks for starting the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
I thought it might be nice to mention that this is a solid concept. It took me a moment to grok the class, but the idea of points+skill checks=special powers seems reasonable. My guess is that you saw the Psy War, and the Control Shape skill, and combined them into a superteam?
I was hoping it would be understandable. I did take a great deal of inspiration from the psy warrior, and some of the Beast Abilities are almost direct ports of psy warrior powers. The points/skill check system is actually a test run of an alternative spell system I'm working on.

I do have a few nitpickish things to ask though:
1. Do Adaptive/Combative do anything else? If so, perhaps giving them proper full skill rundowns might be in order.
I had no intention of giving Adaptive and Combative any other uses, but I am open to suggestion on the subject.

2. The Natural Weapons are a nice touch (tentacles lol), but rather than instant action, it should probably be immediate action, as that actually means something in D&D and is likely your intent.
Ah, yes. That was indeed my intent. I shall have to fix that, thanks.

3. I think the Beast Powers table needs clarification. It took me a moment to catch that it doesn't follow normal levels (1-->4-->7, etc). Perhaps expanding it to a full 20 levels, just for ease of use, might be in order.
A good idea. I'll have to fix that too.

From the skimming I did of it, the class appears alright, though I do question only simple weapons/light armor and d8 HD for a class that is pretty clearly on the front lines. Also, why 3/4 BAB?
Simple weapons: I was aiming for a more simple, well, animalistic class, that relied more upon its natural weapons. I am afraid it might make it a little weak against some creatures, though. Perhaps adding a few other martial weapons?

Light armor: The other "primal"-style class, the barbarian, has a similar restriction, and I thought it fit the theme of a "wild warrior" living out in nature. Leather and other light armors are alot easier to obtain and maintain in such conditons.

d8 HD: Following the example of the psy warrior and monk, plus animal HD are also d8.

3/4 BAB: Again, using the psy warrior and monk as examples, and animal BAB.