Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
Eh, the damage die isn't the issue, it's modifiers.
I believe they get to add their full Strength modifier to their natural attacks, but I could be wrong.

Also, if you take Pounce at level 4, you can't get Natural Weapon upgrades until level 5, which slows your damage further.
BW get two Beast Abilities per level after 1st level. So they can take Natural Weapon and Pounce at 4th level.

Them being scouts/skirmishers is great, it really is, and they seem very very competent at it (the scaling mechanic in the skill beast powers is a nice touch),
Thanks.

but they still need to DO something in combat. Right now, they don't have enough. Scouts get Skirmish even! Scouts, the class that the Beast Master is DIRECTLY competing with for party role, get extra damage on their attacks. The Beast Master can't compete with that currently.
I'm still not sure about the damage thing -- see DracoDei's post -- but I'm trying to keep an open mind. I have this bad habit (from the homebrew game I play in) of making things rather overpowered. I guess maybe I'm overcompensating now.

At the worst, give them some more beast powers that let them tap into the ferocity of the wild, gives them more damaging abilities. That way, you can be a scouter and still be able to kill dudes on your own, just in case. Options never hurt, right?
This is a good idea. If you have any (beast-themed) suggestions, I'm definitely listening. I'll try to come up with some on my own, too.