Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
Harsh? Yes. Repetitive? Yes. Unhelpful? No. Not that the class seems to be designed for adventuring (being domestic, and all... it could be a fine NPC class, though I didn't see it labelled as such), but if it is meant to be for adventuring, it's definitely too weak to be useful. What do you want me to do, not criticize the class just because it has the same flaws as other classes: not getting high level spells/getting them late with no equivalent benefits?

This has got to be a version of the Stormwind fallacy, or some other named fallacy, by claiming that fluff can make up for broken (in this case, underpowered) mechanics. Also, a list of all the 7th, 8th, and 9th level spells with utility uses from the SRD only:

Every 7th level conjuration. Teleport Object, Phase Door, Magnificent Mansion, Plane Shift (for getting rare materials from other planes), summon monster (manual labor), etc.

All 7th level divinations, as well.

Forcecage: Pricey, but great for exotic pets.

Project Image

Simulacrum

Greater Shadow Conjuration

Control Weather

Ethereal Jaunt

Statue (become a tasteful decoration)

Reverse Gravity (For cleaning ceilings)

Limited Wish

Dimensional Lock

Mind Blank (a butler should never let his thoughts get in the way of the job.)

Planar Binding, Greater.

Summon Monster VIII

All divinations of 8th level

Demand

Sympathy

Otto's Irresistible Dance: PARTY!

Screen

Clone

All 8th level Transmutations

Disjunction

All 9th level conjurations

Foresight

Shades

Shapechange

Etherealness

Wish.

That's a lot of non combat utility that this class does not get.
Regardless of how I hate that fact, it is a fact nonetheless. While Captain Obvious over here might not do anything else than using his superpower, this does not change the fact that everything in D&D after a certain level is about spells, spells, spells, and more spells.