2006-05-05, 11:49 AM
Re: Sweet tea and bitter wood...
Ok, I'm working on Cricketman racial levels. Does this look like a +0 or +1 to ya'll? The deadwood dread is a hefty weakness, so I'm hoping it balances out some things.
Cricketman Racial Traits
* -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma, +4 Wisdom: Cricketman are quick to respond to dangers, with a natural tie to their surroundings, but they are not very strong and they lack ambition and a strong sense of self.
* Small: As a Small creature, a cricketman gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
* Cricketman base land speed is 30 feet.
* Psi-Like Abilities: 1/day Catfall, Precognition, Synesthete.
* Naturally Psionic: Cricketmen gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level.
* Blacktea: A Cricketman gains a +4 bonus on saves against ingested poisons.
* Luck of the Cricket: A cricketman is naturally lucky, and has a +2 luck bonus to Armor Class, initiatives, saves, and skill checks. This luck bonus stacks with any other luck bonus it may gain from another source.
* Deadwood Dread: A cricketman has an unusual weakness, that of non-living wood. Any exclusively wooden weapon that deals damage to a cricketman sickens him for as many rounds as the damage that was dealt. He may make a fortitude save to resist being sickened (DC equals 5 + damage dealt). Penalties from multiple blows from wooden weapons do not stack, though once the duration is over he may be sickened again. As well, while standing on a deadwood surface, he is sickened for the duration. These penalties stack with that from deadwood damage. Shoes or a mat is enough to negate his sickness from the surface. A cricketman who is somehow imprisoned in a wooden object, such as as box or cage, is paralyzed.
* Natural Camouflage: A cricketman gains a +10 racial bonus to hide checks in forested locales.
* Automatic Languages: Rrit. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan.
* Favored Class: Ardent
* Level Adjustment: +1