1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Disciple of Belial/Fierna (DnD 3.5, PEACH)

Hello all. Now, I'm a great fan of the Disciple of ___ classes, but I noticed that there wasn't one for Bel, Belial/Fierna, Levistus, or the Hag Countess/Glasya. So I decided to either modify other PrCs and rebuild, or to create from whole cloth. This is one of the latter. I had a hard time designing this, so be extra rippy and shreddy. I decided after much thought, that a class that split the two rulers of Phlegethon would be suitable. You worship one you worship both for the most part. But the I got to thinking . . . the picture in BoVD of these two is . . . unsavoury. I leave it to the curious to look it up, I won't post it. But suffice it to say, Belial appears to be diggin his claws into Fierna in the picture, and she doesn't seem to mind. So, in response to that, I decided to dust off two little used qualities from the BoVD, sadism and masochism, and use them here.

Disciple of Belial/Fierna

Requirements
    To qualify to become a disciple of Belial/Fierna, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
    Alignment: Lawful evil.
    Skills: Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks
    Feats: Brand of the Nine Hells (Belial/Fierna), Evil Brand, Sacrificial Mastery
    Spells: Must be able to cast 3rd level spells
    Special: Must have convinced a loved one to join the cult of Belial, and together the two must sacrifice a captive in boiling oil.

Disciple of Belial/Fierna
    hit dice: d6
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Path of Belial/Path of Fierna|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Mark of Phlegethos|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Dark Speech|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Sudden Corrupt Spell 1/day|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Acolyte of Belial/Acolyte of Fierna|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Dark Whispers|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Priest of Phlegethos |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Sudden Violate Spell 1/day|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
    +4
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Filthy Outburst|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
    +5
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Ranseur of Belial/Flame of Fierna|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Class Skills
    The disciple of Belial/Fiernaís class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Points
    2 + Int modifier.

Path of Belial: A disciple of Belial/Fierna who chooses the path of Belial is a disciple of Belial. A disciple of Belial knows how to use his virility to cause enemies (or allies) to become more beastly and compliant. If a disciple of Belial can cause a humanoid target to engage in an act of passion (kissing, being intimate, etc.) the target must make a Will save (DC 10+discipleís class level+Cha modifier) or become subject to a touch of idiocy from the disciple of Belial. The disciple can accomplish this act of passion either through a Bluff or Diplomacy check (for Bluff, the check is resolved normally in regards to immediate danger to target, etc. For Diplomacy, the check must make the target helpful) or through pinning a grappled opponent. Ability damage heals at a rate of one point for each score each hour instead of as normal.

Path of Fierna: A disciple of Belial/Fierna who chooses the path of Fierna is a disciple of Fierna. A disciple of Fierna knows how to use his sensuality to manipulate both his enemies and allies, causing both to become so turned around they do things they normally wouldnít. If a disciple of Fierna can cause a humanoid target to engage in an act of passion (kissing, being intimate, etc.) the target must make a Will save (DC 10+discipleís class level+Cha modifier) or become subject to a suggestion from the disciple of Fierna. The disciple can accomplish this act of passion either through a Bluff or Diplomacy check (for Bluff, the check is resolved normally in regards to immediate danger to target, etc. For Diplomacy, the check must make the target helpful) or through pinning a grappled opponent. The target believes this suggestion was his own idea, and acts accordingly.

Mark of Phlegethos: Whenever a disciple of Belial/Fierna takes or deals damage, he gains one pleasure point. A single pleasure point can be spent to gain a +4 bonus on a single roll or check, and accumulated pleasure points disappear at the end of an encounter.

Dark Speech: At 3rd level, the disciple of Belial/Fierna gains the ability to speak the ancient language of the lower planes. The disciple gains the Dark Speech feat as a bonus feat.

Sudden Corrupt Spell: Once per day, a 4th level disciple of Belial/Fierna can modify a spell that he casts that deals hit point damage so that half of the damage results from unholy energy, and not from any resistible energy source. A corrupted fireball would deal half damage to a creature immune to fire, because half the damage is not fire.

Acolyte of Belial: When a 5th level disciple of Belial uses his Path of Belial ability and deal ability damage to a targetís mental scores, if he deals enough to reduce one or more of the targetís mental scores to 1, the target heals all damage to his mental ability scores, now all divination spells targeted at the disciple of Belial are redirected to the discipleís target (the target makes the saving throws, and their SR applies instead of the discipleís). For instance, if a disciple of Belial reduces a lawful good paladin to 1 Intelligence, that paladin regains all damaged intelligence but now the disciple of Belial detects as lawful good, and the disciple of Belialís thoughts appear to be the paladinís. This misdirection lasts for one day per disciple of Belial level and works over any distance as long as the disciple and his target are on the same plane. The disciple can only have one such target at a time.

Acolyte of Fierna: Whenever a 5th level disciple of Fierna is targeted by a pain-based spell (such as the symbol of pain, thousand needles, wrack) or is tortured, the effects are negated and the disciple instead heals an amount of damage equal to 5 x the spell level (or 5 points per round of torture). This healing doesnít occur when a spell simply deals damage, but only when pain causes penalties on rolls or status effects, though the healing might offset the damage done.

Dark Whispers: At 6th level, the disciple of Belial/Fierna can saturate the air with fell voices, warping and twisting reality with words so hateful and foul that mortal minds cannot comprehend them. As a use of Dark Speech, the disciple can take 1 point of constitution damage in order to force everyone within 30ft to make a Will save (DC 10+the disciple of Belial/Fiernaís class level+Cha modifier) or become confused for 1d4 rounds.

Priest of Phlegethos: A 7th level disciple of Belial/Fierna who prepares spells can convert any spell prepared into a [fire] spell of the same level when casting. A spontaneous caster gains a +2 to caster level when casting fire spells.

Sudden Violate Spell: Once per day, an 8th level disciple of Belial/Fierna can modify a spell that he casts that deals hit point damage so that half of the damage results from vile energy, and not from any resistible energy source. A violated fireball would deal half damage to a creature immune to fire, because half the damage is not fire. Also, vile damage cannot be healed unless the healing spell is cast within a consecrated or hallowed area.

Filthy Outburst: At 9th level, the disciple of Belial/Fierna knows words of Dark Speech so foul and wretched that they damage the body and weaken the fabric of the mind and soul. As a use of Dark Speech, the disciple can take 1d6 points of constitution damage in order to force everyone within 60ft to make a Fortitude save (DC 10+the disciple of Belial/Fiernaís class level+Cha modifier) or become deafened for 1 minute and take a -2 penalty to saves against evil spells and abilities for the same amount of time.

Ranseur of Belial: When a 10th level disciple of Belial succeeds on an Intimidate check, he can opt to forgo the usual effects in order to gain a ďdominanceĒ token to use against the target of the Intimidate check. Dominance tokens are tallied separately for each opponent intimidated by the disciple, and these tokens last for one hour. A disciple of Belial can spend at least one virility token to charm an opponent. The target must succeed on a Will save to resist (DC 10+disciple of Belialís class level+Cha modifier+2 per each token spent after the first) and the effect lasts for one hour. If he so wishes, the disciple can spend three at least three tokens to dominate the target instead, but extra tokens used to increase the DC of the save only count after the first three instead of the first one.

Flame of Fierna: When a disciple of Fierna succeeds on a saving throw to resist a fear effect or a level check to resist an Intimidate check, the disciple can still feign subservience to the caster/intimidator. With a successful Bluff or Diplomacy check (DC =targetís Sense Motive check or Will save, targetís choice), the disciple successfully convinces the target he is terrified of the target, and is now in the targetís power, though the opposite is true. The target is now dominated for one hour.

And that's part four of my four part project. Dig your claws into this!
    Last edited by Sir_Chivalry; 2010-03-19 at 12:11 AM.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.