Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Chivalry View Post
Hello all. Now, I'm a great fan of the Disciple of ___ classes, but I noticed that there wasn't one for Bel, Belial/Fierna, Levistus, or the Hag Countess/Glasya. So I decided to either modify other PrCs and rebuild, or to create from whole cloth. This is one of the latter. I had a hard time designing this, so be extra rippy and shreddy. I decided after much thought, that a class that split the two rulers of Phlegethon would be suitable. You worship one you worship both for the most part. But the I got to thinking . . . the picture in BoVD of these two is . . . unsavoury. I leave it to the curious to look it up, I won't post it. But suffice it to say, Belial appears to be diggin his claws into Fierna in the picture, and she doesn't seem to mind. So, in response to that, I decided to dust off two little used qualities from the BoVD, sadism and masochism, and use them here.

Disciple of Belial/Fierna

Requirements
To qualify to become a disciple of Belial/Fierna, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment: Any evil.
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks
Feats: Disciple of Darkness, Evil Brand, Sacrificial Mastery
Spells: Must be able to cast 3rd level spells
Special: Must have convinced a loved one to join the cult of Belial, and together the two must sacrifice a captive in boiling oil.

Disciple of Belial/Fierna
hit dice: d6
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0
|
+0
|
+0
|
+2
|Path of Belial/Path of Fierna|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+1
|
+0
|
+0
|
+3
|Class Ability|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+1
|
+1
|
+1
|
+3
|Dark Speech|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+2
|
+1
|
+1
|
+4
|Sudden Corrupt Spell|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+2
|
+1
|
+1
|
+4
|Acolyte of Belial/Acolyte of Fierna|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+3
|
+2
|
+2
|
+5
|Dark Whispers|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+3
|
+2
|
+2
|
+5
|Priest of Phlegethos |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+4
|
+2
|
+2
|
+6
|Sudden Violate Spell|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+4
|
+3
|
+3
|
+6
|Filthy Outburst|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+5
|
+3
|
+3
|
+7
|Ranseur of Belial/Flame of Fierna|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Class Skills
The disciple of Belial/Fierna’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (all) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int.

Skill Points
2 + Int modifier.

Path of Belial: A disciple of Belial/Fierna who chooses the path of Belial is a disciple of Belial. A disciple of Belial revels in causing pain and agony to others, and becomes more efficient at dealing pain the more pain he deals. For each round that a disciple of Belial deals his character level in damage, whether by weapon or spell, he gains a circumstance bonus on attack, damage, skill checks and saving throws for the next round equal half his class level rounded up.

Path of Fierna: A disciple of Belial/Fierna who chooses the path of Fierna is a disciple of Fierna. A disciple of Fierna delights in the sensations and pleasures of pain, seeking to always be under its enhancing and focusing influence. For each round that a disciple of Fierna takes his character level in damage, whether by weapon or spell, he gains a circumstance bonus on attack, damage, skill checks and saving throws for the next round equal half his class level rounded up. He also gains a +4 bonus on saves against pain effects (such as symbol of pain)

Dark Speech: At 3rd level, the disciple of Belial/Fierna gains the ability to speak the ancient language of the lower planes. The disciple gains the Dark Speech feat as a bonus feat.

Sudden Corrupt Spell: Once per day, a 4th level disciple of Belial/Fierna can modify a spell that he casts that deals hit point damage so that half of the damage results from unholy energy, and not from any resistible energy source. A corrupted fireball would deal half damage to a creature immune to fire, because half the damage is not fire.

Acolyte of Belial: A 5th level disciple of Belial is permanently under the effects of a sadism spell, meaning that in addition to the effects of Path of Belial, for every 10 points of damage a disciple of Belial deals in a round, he gains a +1 luck bonus to attacks, skill checks and saving throws in the next round. Also, the disciple of Belial gains the ability to cast spiritual weapon once per day as a caster of his class level. This weapon takes the shape of a two-pronged ranseur, and in place of using his wisdom, a disciple uses his primary casting ability score (Int for Wizards, Wis for Clerics and Druids, Cha for Sorcerers) to determine the bonus to attack.

Acolyte of Fierna: A 5th level disciple of Fierna is permanently under the effects of a masochism spell, meaning that in addition to the effects of Path of Fiernal, for every 10 points of damage a disciple of Belial takes in a round, he gains a +1 luck bonus to attacks, skill checks and saving throws in the next round. Also, the disciple of Fierna gains the ability to cast flame blade once per day as a caster of his class level.

Dark Whispers: At 6th level, the disciple of Belial/Fierna can saturate the air with fell voices, warping and twisting reality with words for hateful and foul that mortal minds cannot comprehend them. As a use of Dark Speech, the disciple can take 1 point of constitution damage in order to force everyone within 30ft to make a Will save (DC 10+half the disciple of Belial/Fierna’s class level+Cha modifier) or become confused for 1d4 rounds.

Priest of Phlegethos: A disciple of Belial/Fierna who prepares spells can convert any spell prepared into a [fire] spell of the same level when casting. A spontaneous caster gains a +2 to caster level when casting fire spells.

Sudden Violate Spell: Once per day, an 8th level disciple of Belial/Fierna can modify a spell that he casts that deals hit point damage so that half of the damage results from vile energy, and not from any resistible energy source. A violated fireball would deal half damage to a creature immune to fire, because half the damage is not fire. Also, vile damage cannot be healed unless the healing spell is cast within a consecrated or hallowed area.

Filthy Outburst: At 9th level, the disciple of Belial/Fierna knows words of Dark Speech so foul and wretched that they damage the body and weaken the fabric of the mind and soul. As a use of Dark Speech, the disciple can take 1d6 points of constitution damage in order to force everyone within 60ft to make a Fortitude save (DC 10+half the disciple of Belial/Fierna’s class level+Cha modifier) or become deafened for 1 minute and take a -2 penalty to saves against evil spells and abilities for the same amount of time.

Ranseur of Belial: As a swift action, a 10th level disciple of Belial can sacrifice a spell prepared (if he prepares spells) or a daily spell slot (if he spontaneously casts) in order to gain a +10 bonus to hit point damage on spells cast by the disciple for a number of rounds equal to the level of spell or spell slot sacrificed.

Flame of Fierna: As a swift action, a 10th level disciple of Fierna can sacrifice a spell prepared (if he prepares spells) or a daily spell slot (if he spontaneously casts) in order to gain fast healing 10 for a number of rounds equal to the level of spell or spell slot sacrificed.

And that's part four of my four part project. Dig your claws into this!
Well, if for no other reason than because it increases spells this is your only contribution so far that you haven't managed to underpower. Really the only problems I see so far:
1. You gain Class Ability at 2nd level.
2. In several places you have DC 10 + 1/2 Class Level + Charisma Modifier. This should really be DC 10 + Class Level + Charisma Modifier.
3. Belial seems more powerful than Fierna until 10th level, at which point the ability to sacrifice a spell slot to heal spell slot x 10 hit points becomes pretty awesome assuming arcane entry, but not really broken in any way.
4. The only abusable ability is the 5th level one. It's super easy to get ludicrous saves with it. I don't have my BoVD or Fiendish Codex or wherever the Sadism/Masochism spells come from, but do they have limits to the bonuses they can grant? I'm not sure it's broken, I'll have to think about it.