A short update for a fairly straightforward floor. Obviously, I'm more eager for the next part.

Spoiler
Show
Let's Play Labyrinth of Touhou - Chapter 21

Sakuya, how long has it been since we've started this expedition?

I've lost track, milady. Does each chapter refer to one day, or do they all intertwine somehow?

Oh well, it doesn't matter. Either way, it feels like we're nearing the end of our journey. How many floors do you suppose this place has?

Forgive me, milady, but I believe the bigger question is how many floors must we complete? I'd imagine there are floors that we do not have to venture to.

Nonsense, Sakuya! Everyone knows that the final boss is always on the final floor, so we'll have to go through every other floor first!

If that's the case, then why does it seem we're so close to the person we originally set out to find?

Hmm...I see what you mean. This whole floor looks like it was designed just for a climactic battle of some sort. This couldn't be the last floor though, could it?

I'd doubt it, milady. Why would a dungeon end on the number 16? It's such an arbitrary number.

I guess there's only one way to find out. Look, the stairs to the next floor are right there, near where we started, in that makeshift arena. Gee, what do you suppose is going to happen here?

Is that Yukari and Rinnosuke over there?

Indeed! Looks like we'll be able to end all this in one fell swoop after all!

Hold on a minute, mistress. It's never that easy.

A barrier created by Yukari? How predictable.

Maybe so, but this is certainly a huge bother. How do you suppose we get past this obstacle?

The same way we break through every other puzzle: by exploring the entire floor!

But this place looks huge! We're running low on time here, mistress!

Don't you have the power to control time?

Eh...

See? That was quick enough. You don't suppose that was the only one, was it?

Absolutely not. This place could never be described as "merciful".

Fine, let's move on.

It seems these switches are generally located at each corner of this floor. That would suggest a total of 4 such switches, does it not?

Well, at least this place has some semblance of logic to it. But I wonder...why would Yukari, for all her power, make a barrier that is this easy to deactivate?

You think this is a trap?

I'm not sure...but I think Yukari may want us to pursue her for some reason. I could never tell what that woman's thinking, though. I don't think anything she's planning will surprise me at this point.

Speaking of surprises, I'm surprised that our resident idiot ice fairy has actually proven herself so useful on these past few floors.

True, true. She is rather swift. When faced with so many speedy enemies, Cirno has been helpful with her ability to outrun them and freeze them down for the rest of us to catch up and mop up. Of course, she can't really do much to defeat any of these high defense monsters that are still besetting us.

But isn't that what we have the young mistress for?

Well, she does work quite efficiently.

How have you two been doing since her latest tantrum?

I hate to admit it, but maybe I've been a little too protective of her. She has certainly been carrying her own weight on this expedition.

So you two made up?

Of course. Near-death experiences only serve to forge greater bonds here in Gensokyo.

Well, looks like we're just about wrapping up this frivolous task. Think we still have time to catch up to Yukari and Rinnosuke?

Certainly, milady. The faster we get this over with, the faster we can return for our afternoon tea.

~ Remilia Scarlet

~ Sakuya Izayoi