1. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Craft Reserve of Artificers Created at High Levels

Quote Originally Posted by Eberron Campaign Setting
    Craft Reserve: An artificer receives a pool of points he can spend instead of experience points...If the points are not spent, they are lost.
    No need to worry about how many you "have left". You don't get to keep any unused reserve between levels. What I would do is go through WBL and spend it along with any of the reserve you might have had at that level for lower-level items you might still want (and had the abilities to craft). Then just take the total of what you spent in gp and subtract it from your current WBL.

If you aren't ditching the XP costs for item crafting, I would not allow any accumulation between levels for artificers. They have it good enough as it is.

As far as disposable items you may have used go, I wouldn't worry about it. Just as a high level fighter probably isn't spending the gold for potions he might have wanted ten levels ago, you shouldn't worry about spending craft reserve on items you might have wanted but no longer do. That's one of the perks of rolling up at high level, along with builds that would not have been very good until you take the last couple of feats.

obnoxious
    sig
    Last edited by Irreverent Fool; 2010-05-10 at 11:03 PM.
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.