View Single Post

Thread: Pirates vs. Ninjas

1. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pirates vs. Ninjas

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfool View Post
    I'd have been tempted to propose "Captain Haddock" for the Drunkarrds... although he'd have me keelhauled for calling him a pirate ("blistering blue barnacles!"). And to maybe suggest Douglas Fairbanks' classic role for the Arrcrobat.
    He almost seems more like a Charrismatic Lord/Drunkarrds Mix than a pure Drunkarrd. Also, are we sure he gets his awesome from his alcoholism?

Also, amusingly enough, Errol Flynn was the original inspiration. Although, old pirate movies and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies provided some inspiration as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Someone stat up Captain Haddock. Please. <3
    Oh. You mean something like this?

Captain Haddock

Side: Pirate
    Faction: Drunkarrd

Life: 140
    Reaction: 3

Body 6
    Agility 3
    Precision 3
    Will 6

Abilities:
    Level 1:
    The Mead of Staggering (Pirate, Cost 5): Gain +2 Body at the cost of 2 Agility until end of combat
    The Mead of Blurred Vision (Pirate, Cost 5): Gain +2 Body at the cost of 2 precision.
    Stone-Cold Sober (Pirate, Passive): Gain a +2 to resistance against poisons and other foreign agents.
    Fist of My Head, Foot of my Crotch! (Wanderer, Passive): Use unarmed attacks with any part of the body.
    Double Tap (Pirate, Cost 2): Fire twice for 5 damage each. Range 20 squares.
    The Bull's Red Cape (Pirate, Cost 2): Opposed Will check at a -2. If successful, target must attack user until hit by someone else.
    Sail the Seas (Pirate, Passive): +2 to Sailing Checks.

Level 2:
    Speed Chugger (Pirate, Passive): Drink 2 Drinking actions a turn.
    Stumbling Punch (Pirate, Cost 4): 10 damage. +1 to hit.
    Improvised Master (Pirate, Passive): Can use anything as a weapon as long as it meets basic requirements.
    All Hands on Deck! (Pirate, Cost 4/turn): +1 to precision on ships weapons or sail checks for all allies on ship.

Level 3:
    Punch a God (Pirate, Passive): Exceed rule of 10 for body score for natural damage.
    I'm Gonna Bop You Good! (Pirate, Cost 6): 10 damage + natural unarmed attack damage.
    Quite the Kick! (Pirate, Passive): Gain 15 life per awesome point instead of 10.
    So Be Ye Face! (Pirate, Cost 6): Opposed Will check at a -2. Deals damage equal to double the Will score.
    The Wit's Rapier (Pirate, Cost 6): Say an insult. +1 to hit, 15 physical damage.

Level 4:
    The True Mead (Pirate, Cost 10): +2 Body until end of combat on a drinking action (no life gain).
    Drink to Your Health (Pirate, Passive): Gain 10 life for free once a battle as a drinking action.
    The L Bomb (Pirate, Cost 20): Opposed Will check to everyone, 10 damage if failed. -1 to all rolls until end of turn for all targets that can hear it regardless.
    Not to Be Trifled With (Pirate, Cost 20): -5 damage from all attack for all allies until end of turn.

Level 5:
    Healthy as a 10 Story Ox (Pirate, Passive): +20 Max Life
    One Word Insult (Pirate, Cost 20): 5 times will damage at on an opposed will roll at a -4 to will.

Flaws:
    Addiction (2): Alcohol
    Clumsy (2)
    Dim-witted (1)
    Reckless (2)
    Code (1): Captain's Code
    Focused Attribute (4): Will (Diplomacy)

Description: Sadly enough, the most I remember of Tin Tin is watching the Cartoon on HBO when I was like 8 (which is a time I don't remember a lot of things), but based on some quick research, this should be a reasonable 120 point version of the Captain (which would put him near the end of the series as a powerful and seasoned character). He's not particularly powerful in the damage department, and his attributes are fairly low for a 120 point character, but he's pretty beefy and can take some hits. He's also got a HUGE variety of skills that are mostly split between Charrismatic Lord and Drunkarrd. He's not very smart, but he knows his way around a ship and can be resourceful when he needs to.