View Single Post

Thread: Nexus Character Directory

1. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus Character Directory

"Sunny" Aurora Lapham Evans (note to Kris: please index under S)
    Race: Human
    Alignment: good
    Class: Engineer, machine empath
    Power Rating: E
    Characteristics: Agoraphobic: Will not leave GLoG, though is not at all bothered by being in the Rose Garden. Rarely leaves the Auxiliary MagCave. Is also afraid of being touched, and deeply bothered by nudity and public displays of affection. Spends most of her time in her lab at Watchtower. Has recovered from her agoraphobia enough to handle being outdoors, though she is still very uncomfortable in crowds. She is able to shake hands with people, and is okay with being touched by Carl, her boyfriend fiancÚ husband (though she's not ready for curtain activity)
    Affiliation: GLoG, MagIndustries, Watchtower, Evans Vehicles and Robotics, Contractor for Mortal Coil Remnant, Aurora

Description:

Has a tattoo of a sun just below her left collarbone.

Sunny was a MagTern who went to the Apoca-Con where she inhaled the aerosolized potion that removed her sapience. After a horrifying night spent in the outdoors with other sub-sapients, she sought shelter in GLoG. Some part of her mind knew that Inside was safer than Outside.

At first, she was frightened of males, but with limited memory of the attacks she had endured, and only receiving kind treatment from the people she encountered in GLoG, she soon lost this. She seems to pick up words easily, and is very interested in tools and electronics. Her most precious possession is a screwdriver she found while exploring, which she has used to dismantle and reassemble whatever she can find.

Later, after she was reunited with her sister Charity, she got most of her memory and intelligence back, but not all of it. She worked as a MagTern for some time longer, and is still devoted to the Magbots.

She now works for Remnant, where she met Carl Goodfellow, the halfling who gave her a motive to get over her fears of intimacy. They married in Summer 2011 and moved to a cabin out in the wilderness. They hope to have a family, but they knew after talking to Bugs that their chances of having a successful pregnancy were low. Because of that, they decided not to use contraception and to leave it up to chance.

Theme song: Annie's Song

Spoiler
    Show
    I will remember you Though about her grief for her lost memories, so the title doesn't fit at all.

I will remember you
    Will you remember me?
    Don't let your life pass you by
    Weep not for the memories

I'm so tired but I can't sleep
    Standin' on the edge of something much too deep
    It's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
    Though we are screaming inside oh we can't be heard

I will remember you
    Will you remember me?

I'm so afraid to love you, but more afraid to loose
    Clinging to a past that doesn't let me choose
    But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
    You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light

That I will remember you
    Will you remember me?

I will remember you
    Will you remember me?

Sunny's robots:

IZK-alpha: her best friend, despite being a simple machine that has no self-awareness, built when she was recovering from the anti-sapience potion.
    Ibit: A hand size robot in possession of Pat that allows her to communicate with the hive.
    RC series: Recon
    AU series: Assault
    RDO: Guardian robot
    HoverDrones former GLoG drones, but blue

Sunny's power kind of works like this.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-11-10 at 08:32 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs